Pennsylvania Turnpike frequency changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
A group of dispatchers from Somerset 911 toured Highspire network operations center recently, which included me. During our tour, the Turnpike Incident Management Coordinator, Todd Leiss, mentioned to me that the turnpike will be making a significant change to their radio system in the very near future. The current radio system allegedly is causing disruptive interference to Cecil County, Maryland. To mitigate thus, the turnpike will be switching the input and output frequencies for several (or all) of their repeaters. I don't have details, such as which channels/districts will be affected, nor their timeline, but I will be monitoring ULS for any applicable license applications and update this thread as soon as I learn anything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

W3DMV

Keep us posted if more info becomes
Available.
Don't think that makes sense. I can,t
find any frequencies that Cecil Co and
the turnpike share ?
Word from comments here on RR
indicate Cecil Co will depart from their
VHF system and construct a new 700/800
system in the future..

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
I'm fairly certain he said Cecil County, but maybe I misheard. But he definitely said it was a Maryland county which was receiving the interference

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Biggest thing I've seen with license applications is they are flipping the input And output freqs. Basically I assume new setup will be 156.195/159.045 and 156.225/159.075. Not sure though on timeline as this will be a massive project coordinating reprogramming of equipment and base equipment.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Also I believe it's st Mary's county. The 159.075 output interferes with an repeater input on their end.

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
Biggest thing I've seen with license applications is they are flipping the input And output freqs. Basically I assume new setup will be 156.195/159.045 and 156.225/159.075. Not sure though on timeline as this will be a massive project coordinating reprogramming of equipment and base equipment.
Where did you see the application? I just checked ULS last night and haven't seen any new applications since 2015.

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
If you look at the second post. They have a nov 30 deadline as part of 5 year buildout extension.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Thanks tony. I remember reading that one a while ago.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Time frame ?

With the frequency and PL changes now posted in the database, has anyone heard of a time frame for the change over ?

wa3bxw

PA. Turnpike

The Eastern end of the turnpike (mile 300 to 359) is slated to switch today June 3rd., It will be a new repeater output frequency, not just an input/output switch. The new frequency will be 155.130 with a 77 0 PL tone on the output.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I assume ch 6 pl going to stay the same. I can pick up some the plow trucks chatting on that during [winter time. Also get sporadic chit-chat.

Steveradio

With the link systems and other agencies using the system this will be a major undertaking but FCC tells you to do it, need get it done.

This will be interesting to monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.