Memphis Air Show @ Millington, Tn

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Anyone on here going to the show this weekend? Snowbirds are refueling in Smyrna right now. Comms in use during the transition are 272.1, 246.5, 333.3

Also the Blue Angels will be there prob using their usual freqs of 284.25, 275.35 & 237.8 and if Ernie flies 305.9 or 305.5

F-16 Demo (384.55) is there as well. Navy Leap Frogs and CF-18 demo. Should be a good lineup with great weather.

njp452

Premium Subscriber
Joe, Line up was great. Worked Hotspot for the Saturday show. All those mentioned showed up and performed a good show. Comm's mentioned sound about right. I heard most of the comm's but couldn't keep my eye on the scanner due to having to watch them. Snowbirds were a last-minute addition to the show.

Nick

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Yeah the flying lineup was second to none and was one of the best Millington has done in the last few years. One thing I noticed that I didn't put in the initial post was the CF-18 demo to spotter and PA Link was on 263.5

njp452

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I was really impressed with the way it went. There was little to no down time between acts so the day flew by. I didn't have that link but hope the next time I will be able to hear it. I also didn't have the air bosses freq but again maybe next time I can find it. Looking forward to the next one.

Nick

ka4bni

Feed Provider
A different group put on the air show this year, from past years. They had the air show several years back, but took it back over this year. Hopefully they will have it for several years to come.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I was really impressed with the way it went. There was little to no down time between acts so the day flew by. I didn't have that link but hope the next time I will be able to hear it. I also didn't have the air bosses freq but again maybe next time I can find it. Looking forward to the next one.

Nick

Air Boss was using 121.375, which during normal Ops serves as the Ground Cont freq. And comparing my notes going back the last two shows 121.375 was also used for Air Boss for those as well so keep it handy as there's a good chance they may use it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.