Trunking database updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

btlacer

KI4SJU/ Fire Captain/ EMTFR
There is a new system going up in my city and I keep waiting for the database to update the talkgroups and all that good stuff. I was wanting to know how the admins get the info on the systems? I know anyone requesting to install new systems have to apply for frequencies with the FCC. But do citys have to submit their talkgroups and all to the FCC? And if they do when does the FCC release that info so that the database can be updated? I have a radio shack Pro 668 that I am using to monitor this new system. The only info I know on it is the type of system (moto P25II) and the frequencies. Is there a way to just program the frequencies into my scanner and hear the system? I just won't know the talkgroups..

Thanks so much
Beau

clbsquared

The FCC only shows the frequencies and emission designation. They do not show talk groups or system ID's. You would need to use a program like Unitrunker in addition to your scanner, to be able to decode system ID's, talk groups, etc.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
There is a new system going up in my city and I keep waiting for the database to update the talkgroups and all that good stuff. I was wanting to know how the admins get the info on the systems?

The RR database is a member driven resource that lists frequencies/talkgroups that have been verified as being in use in their particular areas by listeners such as yourself. Raw info that is published at the FCC database is not automatically added to the RR database.

When someone in your area can verify the system info you are interested in as it starts being used, they/you should submit that new info to RR here:

www.radioreference.com/apps/submit/

By following these guidelines:

wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/RR_Database_Submission_Guidelines

The database admins will consider the submissions, and then add them to the database.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
There is a new system going up in my city and I keep waiting for the database to update the talkgroups and all that good stuff. I was wanting to know how the admins get the info on the systems? I know anyone requesting to install new systems have to apply for frequencies with the FCC. But do citys have to submit their talkgroups and all to the FCC? And if they do when does the FCC release that info so that the database can be updated? I have a radio shack Pro 668 that I am using to monitor this new system. The only info I know on it is the type of system (moto P25II) and the frequencies. Is there a way to just program the frequencies into my scanner and hear the system? I just won't know the talkgroups..

Thanks so much
Beau

Like someone else noted, start logging the system with Unitrunker 24/7 and you'll soon find out if the system has any activity yet, which talkgroups are in use, and/or which talkgroups/radios operate in Phase II mode (just because a system is Phase II capable, does not mean all the radios will actually operate in Phase II mode).

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
How do I go about running unitrunker on the pro668 and a windows 10 computer?

You would need to install a discriminator tap on the scanner to get it working with Unitrunker. You're signature indicates you have an RTL SDR, you could also use an rtl dongle...

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
How do I go about running unitrunker on the pro668 and a windows 10 computer?

Check the instructions for the PSR-800, it should be fairly close to what you need to do to get your Pro-668 to work with Unitrunker.

UniTrunker | PSR-310 | PSR-410 | PSR-500 | PSR-600 | PSR-700 | PSR-800

You would need to install a discriminator tap on the scanner to get it working with Unitrunker. You're signature indicates you have an RTL SDR, you could also use an rtl dongle...

The Pro-668 comes with the discriminator tap built it through the headphone jack, but the scanner should also have the ability to pass along the control channel data to the program without it.

The RTL-SDR will also work with Unitrunker if the Pro-668 doesn't.

D

DaveNF2G

The instructions and how-to discussion belong in the decoding forum.

SCPD

QRT
I bought a whistler 1605 for my dad, I would like to program it to get locals, it is a digital scanner. how can i get them? Help would be greatly appreciated, THank you

Status
Not open for further replies.