BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Does the DMR key transfer to a new owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5JCK

I'm going to sell my BCD436HP scanner which has the DMR key installed. Since I paid for that key, I want the key to transfer to the new owner. My question is simply if that is what happens. Is there anything I need to do to ensure the new owner has the DMR key access? I assume there would be no issue unless the new owner did a complete reset in which case that would likely delete the DMR key. At any rate, I want to transfer the DMR key to the new owner so s/he can have it and re-install it if the need arises.

I tried googling this and I tried the search function in this forum, but was unable to find an answer.

Thank you.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm going to sell my BCD436HP scanner which has the DMR key installed. Since I paid for that key, I want the key to transfer to the new owner. My question is simply if that is what happens. Is there anything I need to do to ensure the new owner has the DMR key access. I assume there would be no issue unless the new owner did a complete reset in which case that would likely delete the DMR key. At any rate, I want to transfer the DMR key to the new owner so s/he can have it and re-install it if the need arises.

I tried googling this and I tried the search function in this forum, but was unable to find an answer.

Thank you.

Even a complete reset and/or replacing the SD card will not delete the DMR key. There in nothing that the end user can do - in the normal course of operating the scanner - that can erase the DMR key.

In the case of major repair to the scanner (such as the Uniden repair campaign for the clock/dim display issue where the PCB is replaced), the DMR key may have to be re-entered into the scanner. You can just give the new owner the key, have them write it down and keep it in a safe place, and he should be all set.

W5JCK

Even a complete reset and/or replacing the SD card will not delete the DMR key. There in nothing that the end user can do - in the normal course of operating the scanner - that can erase the DMR key.

In the case of major repair to the scanner (such as the Uniden repair campaign for the clock/dim display issue where the PCB is replaced), the DMR key may have to be re-entered into the scanner. You can just give the new owner the key, have them write it down and keep it in a safe place, and he should be all set.

Thanks! That is good to know. I will definitely give them a digital copy of the key and any documentation that came with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.