TRX-1: Lower TRX-1 price on TRX-1 at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
For now, Amazon has the TRX-1 at 427.32, sold by/shipped by Amazon. No idea how many hey have at that cost, or how long it might hold.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Looks like it jumped up to $460, besides one sketch seller.

By the way, for anyone considering a new digital scanner, I made a comparison chart on my website: Digital Radio Product Recommendations

I don't think I've shared it on here yet.

The TRX 1 & TRX 2 have the most green checkmarks, meaning, overall, it's your best bet for receiving the most types of digital radio.

Nasby

Looks like it jumped up to $460, besides one sketch seller.

By the way, for anyone considering a new digital scanner, I made a comparison chart on my website: Digital Radio Product Recommendations

I don't think I've shared it on here yet.

The TRX 1 & TRX 2 have the most green checkmarks, meaning, overall, it's your best bet for receiving the most types of digital radio.

Excellent chart!! One suggestion is to maybe add a last column with a general price range for each unit.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! That's a good idea, but might fluctuate more than I would be able to keep an eye on. The other columns are pretty stable, with a huge splash if anyone is upgrading something.

wbswetnam

Another big feature that you don't mention is GPS support, for which only the the Uniden scanners will get the check mark. You could also add wi-fi support, but I would only award a half-sized check mark to Uniden for this feature since it is still very wonky and unreliable.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
GPS is a good one! Is it just the 536, or do the others do it too? And about how much money for a GPS dongle that works? I'll probably add that to the list sometime soon.

DJ11DLN

GPS is a good one! Is it just the 536, or do the others do it too? And about how much money for a GPS dongle that works? I'll probably add that to the list sometime soon.
Many Uniden models support GPS auto-programming, going back at least to the X96xt series. Possibly further, I'm not that familiar, not owning any of them. I priced the GPS puck awhile back, I want to say it was on the order of $70-$80 but I can't recall at the moment. I do know that a lot of Uniden users really like this function, especially with the HP-1/2 series.

I'd add my vote for Whistler to pick this function up, it would be a great addition. I have nothing against Uniden but I got back into scanning after a long hiatus (during which everything changed) with a RS/GRE scanner, so that's what I'm used to. I'm looking at adding a Uniden scanner of some pedigree just for the GPS, since I'm contemplating doing a good bit more traveling in the next few years than I've done in the last couple of decades...I'd just as soon stick with what I know. After setting up a few X36hp's for friends and associates, I find Sentinel a little less user-friendly than iScan/E-Z Scan. Which is no reflection on Sentinel or Uniden, it's just different from what I'm familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.