Some outdated trunked info in the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

fog

Premium Subscriber
I recently picked up a BCD536HP, which comes with what I infer is the RadioReference database in it, since the same names exist here. There are some nutty entries that are definitely incorrect or outdated. Wanted to mention them here vs. just using the 'Submit' feature as others may know the history of these better -- or to invite others to corroborate my findings.

Confirmed LCN Site Details (Dispatch Communications (Andover)) (Dispatch Communications, Andover) appears to not be correct. Neither of the callsigns cited are for Andover; they're both for Georgetown and Waltham. Dispatch's website has been gone for years, but it looks like Critical Towers Sites For Lease at criticaltowers.com may be the same system; there is no Andover site mentioned, but the known Hudson/Nashua (NH) and Waltham systems are there. 484.7625 has erratic kerchunks (heard here in Lowell, MA), but they don't seem to occur at any regular interval as I'd expect on an LTR home/rest channel. Parking on 484.7625 for a bit, the scanner isn't picking up a PL/DCS tone. I don't have the capability to try to analyze whether the burst is LTR data or just a dead carrier; it has never come up with a talkgroup, though. (Actually kinda curious what I'm hearing.)

The Trinity EMS Lowell system does not exist: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6401

453.6125 (listed as LCN 05) is a UHF repeater for Trinity, under WQIQ345. (Only 5W ERP! Signal strength is very poor across town, so it doesn't appear to be a typo.) It uses a 77.0 Hz PL, confirmed on SNE and from direct monitoring. With a PL tone used, it clearly cannot be LTR. It is patched into 155.16 (WPAF755), which is not licensed as a repeater. Some units operate simplex, others seem to come in through the UHF repeater. There is a slight delay between the VHF and UHF audio.

The other frequency in their purported LTR system, 452.2125, is not licensed to Trinity at all. (In fact, there are no Part 90 licenses for that frequency in Middlesex County.) I suspect this system may have existed in the past but been dismantled some time ago.

I have no idea where their chair car operations are, if they provide that service, though. They do have another 5W repeater licensed on 453.5625, but I've heard nothing but weak data bursts there, and I'm not sure it's associated with them. WQLE322 and WQMJ947 are weird 4-5W MO licenses also assigned to Trinity that I should spend some time monitoring.

Conversely, I can confirm that https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5646 (last updated in 2010) *is* still active, though I haven't spent too much time on it. 472.1125 is definitely active, at least, under WPKZ505 (doesn't cover all the frequencies, though). There's some sort of irritating digital noise out my way that periodically obscures the signal. I haven't spent enough time monitoring the system to confirm if all the LCNs are still active/correct. 1-02-141 is still in use by an ambulance service. I've also heard 1-02-011 (landscapers?), 1-02-067 (unknown), 1-02-151 (unknown, but uses MDC1200), and 1-02-155 (sounded like FleetSync ANI?). Not terribly exciting listening, but it's still around.

(I am not affiliated with any of these systems/companies; just kinda an obsessive geek. ;))

fog

Premium Subscriber
Plus, the Andover system is on the Middlesex page, but Andover's in Essex County! ;)

My link to the Critical Towers page got converted to the page title, which makes it look super-spammy. That was not my intent!

Status
Not open for further replies.