• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG-D1N / NX-5200 programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
I am programming my NX5200 with the KPG D1N software, and i am on the "optional features 1" page and under "power up" there is an option of which zone/channel the radio should power up to. I have selected "status memory, however..... the radio powers on to which ever channel i left off on in zone 1.

I could turn the radio off on channel 5 in zone 10.... and the radio will power back on to whatever the last channel i was selected on in zone 1..... Anyone else had this issue?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 956
Last edited:

RK3AAG

No easy way to get FW. It's Kenwood, baby. You have to push your dealer and wait, wait, wait... I can post a link here, but not sure that it's allowed by local administration. But if they don't mind, I can.

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
No easy way to get FW. It's Kenwood, baby. You have to push your dealer and wait, wait, wait... I can post a link here, but not sure that it's allowed by local administration. But if they don't mind, I can.

Would your firmware link work for a portable 5200?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
And I don't want to do anything we shouldn't either. Is it a cost thing with Kenwood? Or why do they make it so difficult

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
Now I want it lol! Any admins monitoring this? Wondering if it's okay to share it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
Well I was able to get the firmware, however I'm having issues getting the latest software version. Guess the wait begins

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You need to get the updated software from the same dealer you bought the version you have now from. The install goes right over the top of the old version on your pc updates with your key and info already setup from your old version.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
How do you have the radio wired? Do you have the red wire to constant power and the yellow wire to switched power?

K7MEE

Not sure if I should start a new thread. I have been trying to figure out the KPG-D1N software. My department purchased the NX-5200 portables.

I have the radio set to decode 2-tone call outs. However, I need to set the radio so 2 things can be done. No audio comes through the channel until the tones activate, and I need to be able to press a button to allow the user to monitor the radio traffic should they choose to do so.

Where in programming can this be done. I've looked everywhere.

Last edited:

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
Anyone happen to know what the current software upgrade is for the KPG-D1N? Also what the current firmware for 5200? So many threads and no easy way I have found to figure this out.

AD0TY

FWIW, The OPs original problem still exists in my NX-5200 with firmware version 2.30. Unfortunately, they don't provide dealers with much of a change log and I haven't had the chance to update to 2.31 and try it for myself.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if I should start a new thread. I have been trying to figure out the KPG-D1N software. My department purchased the NX-5200 portables.

I have the radio set to decode 2-tone call outs. However, I need to set the radio so 2 things can be done. No audio comes through the channel until the tones activate, and I need to be able to press a button to allow the user to monitor the radio traffic should they choose to do so.

Where in programming can this be done. I've looked everywhere.

Kenwood says program the next channel without the OPTIONAL SIGNALING.
There is no softkey per say for OPT SIGNAL defeat.

EFM

Status
Not open for further replies.