Traffic stop body mic frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8WAC

Does anyone know OSP or other agencies body mic frequencies that are used during traffic stops?

Cameron314

I think a lot of the current gen ones out there are 2.4Ghz and aren't
something you would be able to hear with a scanner.

N8WAC

I used to listen to OSP on 169 MHz. But haven't heard a thing since they upgraded to their new MARCS system. Guessing they revamped everything during the upgrade.

fyrfyter33

I used to listen to OSP on 169 MHz. But haven't heard a thing since they upgraded to their new MARCS system. Guessing they revamped everything during the upgrade.

MARCS gives OSP statewide coverage and local interop. That's why you hear nothing on the old VHF system.

12dbsinad

The mobile extenders for the handhelds are good about a mile or two out 465.3750 in my area.

Are you talking about vehicular repeaters for their 2 way handhelds?

Most of the newer in vehicle camera systems operate the body mics on 2.4 Ghz. They are low power and typically only have a range of about 1000 feet. Much less in real world scenarios.

Monitoring them would be to no avail even if within range.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
no he talking about the belt mounted mics tied to the video system. i had some surplus units that were 169/170mhz. not sure what they are using now but they are extremely low power

12dbsinad

I understand. My question was toward owenbricker as he references "mobile extenders", which is a typical term used for in vehicle repeaters. Also, UHF is common in IVR's, have never run across a mic body pack that ran on a 465 freq.

Like I said, unless it's older most newer stuff is all high frequency, 2.4 Ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.