OSP TGIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawnCowboy

With the new MARCS system, if I want to listen to OSP around the Cincinnati area, do I just put the TGIDs under the Hamilton and/or Butler County CCs?

What are the conventional frequencies 465.XXX MREs?

fyrfyter33

I would be surprised if the MREs were still in use. MARCS coverage is decent in most of the major metro areas, regardless of current CPD argument

Swipesy

I would be surprised if the MREs were still in use. MARCS coverage is decent in most of the major metro areas, regardless of current CPD argument

The MRE's are in constant use in Norteast Ohio. But, you have to be really close, like no more than 100 yards away.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't seem to make sense for UHF, if you're using MARCS

Yes there still using the UHF MRE's at least as of recently they were. Think they are just using them out of force of habit considering how long they have been using them.

They probably don't realize the great portable coverage they get in SW Ohio.

Dave N8DHW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Yes there still using the UHF MRE's at least as of recently they were. Think they are just using them out of force of habit considering how long they have been using them.

They probably don't realize the great portable coverage they get in SW Ohio.

The issue is the areas where they don't get such good portable coverage. It's easier to standardize policy to use the UHF vehicle repeaters whenever a trooper is out of the car.

OSP used to use 700 MHz vehicle repeaters on old MARCS but switched back to UHF when they moved to the new system.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Could be other policies as well. consistency in Unit ID, the on board recording setup.

To add - ODNR uses MRE as well.

The issue is the areas where they don't get such good portable coverage. It's easier to standardize policy to use the UHF vehicle repeaters whenever a trooper is out of the car.

OSP used to use 700 MHz vehicle repeaters on old MARCS but switched back to UHF when they moved to the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.