New Legacy Scanner Upgrade Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Beginning June 1st Whistler will offer a feature upgrade program for the Pro-18, Pro-668 and PSR-800 scanners. For the cost of $59.99, customers will be able to send in their scanner to Whistler where the unit will be upgraded to receive DMR. You will cover the cost to ship the unit to use and we will cover the cost of shipping the unit back to you when the upgrade is complete. Upgrades are expected to take up to 2 weeks and all units must be in working condition with no visible damage to be eligible for this upgrade program.

By upgrading your scanner, you will now receive DMR making them capable of monitoring the following unencrypted channels/systems which were previously not available for legacy scanners:

Conventional DMR (Entered as a DMR trunked system)
Hytera XPT
MotoTRBO™ Capacity Plus
MotoTRBO™ Connect Plus
MotoTRBO™ Linked Cap Plus systems

The upgrade will be available for purchase on our website beginning June 1st.

dlkesler76

Premium Subscriber
So that means I can update my pro668 with ezscan after sending it in.😎

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Beginning June 1st Whistler will offer a feature upgrade program for the Pro-18, Pro-668 and PSR-800 scanners. For the cost of $59.99, customers will be able to send in their scanner to Whistler where the unit will be upgraded to receive DMR.

Hytera XPT
MotoTRBO™ Capacity Plus
MotoTRBO™ Connect Plus

Will this upgrade be more then just a firmware change ? I would rather have a true WS1080 and not have to worry about which scanner has the upgrade. It would just simplify the whole situation.

And I applaud Whistler for supporting their customers . A big Thank You !!!!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
So the RS and the GRE software would be rewriten to work with DMR and the any new features added to the 18 668 and 800 or would the 18 and the 668 still lack the features like recording that the 1080 and up lines have. By the way this is cool and neat THANKS.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If this is based on Eric C's work - and I don't know that it is, this is simply a WAG - I hope he got paid a very princely sum for the process, and a percentage for each radio modified.

Congrats and a big tip of the hat to Whistler for rescuing owners of these radios...Mike

It would be nice if Whistler would offer a paid firmware upgrade for nxdn. Take out the dmr part. That way it would fit. Have a dmr firmware and a nxdn firmware. Whenever you needed nxdn you could just upload it to the scanner. I would pay for that. I don't want to buy another scanner I have too many as it is. This way whistler and the customer would benefit from it.

CycleSycho

If this is based on Eric C's work - and I don't know that it is, this is simply a WAG - I hope he got paid a very princely sum for the process, and a percentage for each radio modified.

Congrats and a big tip of the hat to Whistler for rescuing owners of these radios...Mike

:confused: My one serious concern, since whistler is now offering and charging for this service, will a 'Cease-And-Desist' letter (or maybe more harsh) be far behind? :confused:

GrandpaFrank

So, are we paying for what Eric provided for free? Or are you actually upgrading the hardware to handle the code more efficiently?

Joseph11

Wendy, other than updating the firmware on these models, what changes will be made specifically (hardware and software)?

question

Beginning June 1st Whistler will offer a feature upgrade program for the Pro-18, Pro-668 and PSR-800 scanners. For the cost of $59.99, customers will be able to send in their scanner to Whistler where the unit will be upgraded to receive DMR. You will cover the cost to ship the unit to use and we will cover the cost of shipping the unit back to you when the upgrade is complete. Upgrades are expected to take up to 2 weeks and all units must be in working condition with no visible damage to be eligible for this upgrade program.

By upgrading your scanner, you will now receive DMR making them capable of monitoring the following unencrypted channels/systems which were previously not available for legacy scanners:

Hytera XPT
MotoTRBO™ Capacity Plus
MotoTRBO™ Connect Plus

Is there any more firmware updates for the WS1080/WS1088? I used Eric Cotrell's software to update my PRO 668 firmware version 4.6. So for those of us who did that will Whislter just et that go?

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
My response in Post 5 was for the posts above that regarding if it would EZ Scan, etc.

Thanks for the clarification Wendy. If I might make a suggestion - when responding to specific posts you may wish to use the quote or multi-quote function. That would negate the need for people to ask you which post you were responding to.

Status
Not open for further replies.