NMSP on 700 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisABQ

NMSP district 5 appears to be broadcasting on 769.95625 P25 phase 1 NAC 747h. If you are able to find anything else, please feel free to add.

Thanks

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I drove through D-5 during this past weekend and wondered why they seemed so quiet. I did here occasional transmissions, so I didn't even consider they'd made some sort of transition.

Thanks for the update.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Specified for initial operation under authorization of the WPTZ778 State License (a range of authorized freqs, dependent on regional plans), for now:
769.95625 / 799.95625
Current documents show, however, only the one conventional transmitter on the air for now on channels 153/1113, simulcasting NMSP or for interop. I've heard no activity on the other channels.

Last edited:

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Are they simulcasting on the 700 and VHF???

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Mea culpa... original plan was to simulcast. Yes, they are using the 700 repeater directly for D5/ABQ. I've heard nothing on the analog legacy system for D5/ABQ. I've heard the same dispatcher on both at different times, but no simulcast.

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
It appears some units are using it for dispatch and some are not. I hear some traffic on 155.52 that isnt on the 700 channel..definitely not simulcasting

SCPD

QRT
Units using the 700 are running dual banders. Also note channel markers are being used now statewide when needed and in this type of event local repeaters are kicked on to the district microwave.

SCPD

QRT
Typically a tone is used to inform units or anyone on air on a specific channel or talk group the channel is being held for priority emergency only traffic. So users know the channel is shut down for a high priority. Take secondary non essential traffic to secondary or by landline. Example, felony traffic stop, pursuit of a felon, major disaster or incident, shots fired, a 10-100, 10-99, Shots fired, officer down or clearing a structure with persons inside during a in progress b and e.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Typically a tone is used to inform units or anyone on air on a specific channel or talk group the channel is being held for priority emergency only traffic. So users know the channel is shut down for a high priority. Take secondary non essential traffic to secondary or by landline. Example, felony traffic stop, pursuit of a felon, major disaster or incident, shots fired, a 10-100, 10-99, Shots fired, officer down or clearing a structure with persons inside during a in progress b and e.

Thanks for the info!

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I remember one of the documents attached to the complete overhaul of the state mircowave backbone system a few years ago, mentioned the eventual development of statewide trunked radio system for homeland security, and public safety purposes. It sounds like this might be the first step in that direction. However, the document didn't specify what band the TRS would use.

73's

Ron

SCPD

QRT
The idea is 700. The state has been going route of idea many counties/ locals jumping on once the conventional 700 sites are built in the districts and a trs built with added sites, from that point sites will be added and trunking will come which by that time if it all falls into place will be phase 2 equipment. The conventional end obviously is phase 1. With monies being the way they are I don't see much happening any time in near future specially with locals other then the 700 conventional sites being installed. Some have had interest in joining a statewide Trs paying user fees and equipment costs saving them from building a system themself but many have recently migrated to voted vhf systems which were installed by advanced communications. Some spending a large chunk to get the vhf voting systems going.

The state vhf will remain so I wouldn't drop them once a district starts using the 700 conventional. Eventually it will be dual banded equipment vhf/700, used where possible for the 700 and future trs when it eventually gets built out.

Also to be on the system proposed trs is corrections, nmdot, other state entities which will have respective talkgroups or conventional use.

I will add a few have upgraded repeaters, equipment to new but went routes which they could afford or be approved for locally, which analog is those areas is in use but the equipment does nxdn, dmr. So this throws a wrench in all staying on same page. The state is still attempting to form a communications committee to draft guidelines and type of equipment. So as you can see this may mean a double hit on tax payers in areas who couldn't afford or went for lower cost equipment. While analog works if they chose to be digital they would be in a different format or maintain analog end which a couple can and can use the old frequencies in analog so I wouldn't drop those out of the DB. Not getting strayed off a couple chose the route they did due to eavesdropping issues. Least is what I was told with local elements they deal with and have had problems with which they chose th dark side. Others have expressed non publicly they want to keep as much in clear as possible for ease of interop and outside agencies which we all know in NM numerous entities work together, NPS, Forestry, Federal, Military, outside fire agencies and border towns with neighboring states have aide at times for crashes and fires in rural areas.

I should also throw in all the voting vhf sites were spaced with future studies in the towns/cities who had advanced install them and do the research for future use of trunking p25 vhf or 7/800. Some are planning to add more voting sites down road when new monies for fiscal years come, couple already adding voting sites which are spaced for future uparading to trunking phase 1/2.

Last edited:

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Drove through D5 yesterday and have to say was really impressed with the reception range and quality I was seeing while mobile. First picked up digital traffic as far east as the "Flying C Ranch" on I-40 and as far west as Laguna.

beerzkool

Scanning the Pajarito Plateau since 1995.
Premium Subscriber
I can pick them up in White Rock with a handheld and a rubber duck. The reception and sound quality is amazing. I wish the Santa Fe District would switch.

SCPD

QRT
Eventually more sites down road will be coming on, from that point a trs once sites are fully installed down road. I do find it amusing many are running to buy a APX 8000 since it would be useless at that time when a trs comes.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
New State of New Mexico 700Mhz 0”P25 TRS online

Hey guys,
Appears this system is finally online and operating in Abq metro area
I am currently hearing two new control channels downtown Abq.
Tgids:
101 - NMSP Dist 1 Santa Fe Dispatch
109 - NMSP Dist 5 Abq Dispatch

769.46875 control (possibly Sandia Peak)
769.16875 control

System NAC 850h

I hear another control channel on:
769.2062 NAC 856h but not sure if related. Might be another new system?

Status
Not open for further replies.