San Bernardino County P25 EMS Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

avdrummerboy

Have a source that got a code plug for AMR radios, showing the new digital zones. These are the talk groups in the new digital banks, haven't heard these but looks like AMR will be migrating with the rest of the county. Also, looking like ENC may be in the works for EMS channels. It's at least programmed in and strapped secure on most of the TGIDs. Radios also have the LPTAC channels in them as well as 7MED65 and of course the old analog system still in. I'll submit these to the database but figured people would want to put these in and see if anything pops up on them.

Channel Name TGID (in HEX) ENC Capable

AMR RAN E91 Yes
AMR RED E93 Yes
AMR VV E95 Yes
AMR TAC E97 Yes
EMS CMD C07 Yes
EMS-1 C09 Yes
EMS-2 C0B Yes
COMCTR DDD No

ALS-A C0D Yes
ALS-B C0F Yes
ALS-C C11 Yes
ALS-D C13 Yes
ALS-E C15 Yes
ALS-F C17 Yes
ALS-G C19 Yes
ALS-H C1B Yes
ALS-I C1D Yes
ARMC BE1 Yes
BARCM BE3 Yes
BRVAL BE5 Yes
CHVAL BE7 Yes
DSVAL BE9 Yes
HIDES BEB Yes

KSRFO BED Yes
KSRON BEF Yes
LUINV BF5 Yes
LLVET BF3 Yes
MHMC BF7 Yes
MTNCM BF9 Yes
NEDLM BFB Yes
REDCM BFD Yes
SANTN BFF Yes
SBCOM C01 Yes
STBRN C23 Yes
STMRY C03 Yes
V VALY C05 Yes

GOV MA-1 22F No on all
GOV MA-2 231
GOV MA-3 233
GOV MA-4 235
GOV MA-5 237
GOV MA-6 239
GOV MA-7 23B
GOV MA-8 23D

avdrummerboy

I'll do what I can to decrypt it.

AMR RAN- AMR Rancho Division primary dispatch.
AMR RED- AMR Redlands Division primary dispatch.
AMR VV- AMR Victorville Division primary dispatch.
AMR TAC- AMR tac frequency, my guess is for all divisions.
EMS CMD- This is a new one, probably some countywide EMS Channel.
EMS-1
EMS-2
My guess is these are the mutual aid EMS channels, sort of like the X-EMS channel now on the systems.

COMCTR- This is a outside agency line to Commcenter in Rialto that agencies can use to communicate with them.

ALS-A
ALS-B
ALS-C
ALS-D
ALS-E
ALS-F
ALS-G
ALS-H
ALS-I
These will be the new direct line channels to the base station hospitals in the county, like the X-ALS-1 through 4 channels in the current system. The next group is the direct line to the Emergency Departments of all the local hospitals in San Bernardino County

ARMC- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
BARCM- Barstow Community Hospital
BRVAL- Bear Valley Hospital
CHVAL- Chino Valley Hospital
DSVAL- Desert Valley Hospital
HIDES- High Desert Medical Center
KSRFO- Kaiser Fontana Medical Center
KSRON- Kaiser Ontario Medical Center
LUINV- Loma Linda University Medical Center
LLVET- Loma Linda Veterans Hospital
MHMC- Montclair
MTNCM- Mountains Community Hospital
NEDLM- Needles Medical Center
REDCM- Redlands Community
SANTN- San Antonio Medical Center
SBCOM- San Bernardino Community
STBRN- St. Bernardines
STMRY- St. Mary's
V VALY- Victor Valley Global

These next ones are new as well, looks like a group of mutual aid channels that will be in the clear.

GOV MA-1
GOV MA-2
GOV MA-3
GOV MA-4
GOV MA-5
GOV MA-6
GOV MA-7
GOV MA-8

kma371

QRT
Added these. Since I'm not too familiar with that system, i placed them in different categories but if they should be someplace else, let me know.

krazybob

Does it show that the fire dispatchTGs are going to be in the clear? I would find it surprising that the EMS teeg's are going to be in the clear since their main focus is HIPAA.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

krazybob

I see it now as a header atop the first post. I don't see the usual 8-Fire-1 type designations and wonder if they intend to encrypt dispatch and tac channels. I know for fact that the sheriff will be encrypting. I worked a rescue recently and couldn't communicate direct with SO because we had not had our radios updated yet.

avdrummerboy

As to fire, I'm not sure, there really isn't any reason to, but who knows, everyone has the ENC itch now. Looking through the code plug again, it appears that the strapping to encrypted on the AMR channels (and I assume the others as well) is a default because they didn't add a switch to go between ENC and clear, so if that gets reprogrammed it's more likely that things at least for EMS will be in the clear, with the option go encrypt.

As for encrypting for HIPAA, that honestly makes no sense as anyone with an encrypted capable radio can listen in, thereby violating HIPAA because those others who can listen in are not a direct part of that patients care and it therefore accomplished nothing. Will this stop encrypted hospital channels, probably not, but just my two cents of thought on it from that angle.

djgrooven

As to fire, I'm not sure, there really isn't any reason to, but who knows, everyone has the ENC itch now. Looking through the code plug again, it appears that the strapping to encrypted on the AMR channels (and I assume the others as well) is a default because they didn't add a switch to go between ENC and clear, so if that gets reprogrammed it's more likely that things at least for EMS will be in the clear, with the option go encrypt.

As for encrypting for HIPAA, that honestly makes no sense as anyone with an encrypted capable radio can listen in, thereby violating HIPAA because those others who can listen in are not a direct part of that patients care and it therefore accomplished nothing. Will this stop encrypted hospital channels, probably not, but just my two cents of thought on it from that angle.

Was this from a mobile or a portable radio?

Markb

Premium Subscriber

HIPAA regulations specifically exempt radio communications. Anyone who tries to claim that they are encrypting to comply with HIPAA is full of baloney.:roll:

krazybob

That is not entirely correct. In San Bernardino County they had some time ago switched to discrete radio codes that describe the nature of the call at the location when it is medical. They don't use encryption at this time but I do know they have plans to use it.

As I indicated in a prior message I was working a
rescue and I was the liaison between the sheriff's department and the fire department. We could not use a specific tactical frequency because the fire department radios had not been programmed yet with encryption. The incident did not require encryption but it's going to be the sheriff's department standard. This worries me because of mutual Aid assistance.

It has been my experience that it is very rare for a medic to release the name of the individual over the radio to begin with. They are normally described for example as a. male, 81 years, history of COPD. Chief complaint of shortness of breath. Patient has wheezing bilaterally and his vitals are Vitals are... That's the way I was trained to give a report and it doesn't use the name. So your point that encryption would be null and void and is correct I think in the way you're thinking about it as unnecessary. A.t the same time it's been relayed to me that certain tactical channels that are shared with a sheriff's department are going to be encrypted.

As one that streams sheriff and fire Communications it's going to piss me off! San Bernardino County is the largest county in the United States.

kma371

QRT
DONT turn this into an encryption debate. The talkgroups are what they are.

kma371

QRT
But it already was and is. The county plans on encypting many of the channels. Discovering which ones seems part of the normal flow of the thread.

Discussing the encryption and it's use on the talkgroups is one thing, complaining over and over about encryption is another. This message was directed at the deleted messages and not your posts anyhow.

Last edited:

f40ph

Feed Provider
I was working a rescue and I was the liaison between the sheriff's department and the fire department. We could not use a specific tactical frequency because the fire department radios had not been programmed yet with encryption. The incident did not require encryption but it's going to be the sheriff's department standard. This worries me because of mutual Aid assistance.

There will be 8 Fire mutual aid channels, 8 Law mutual aid (not encrypted), and (as noted above) 8 "Govt" (aka misc) mutual aid channels in the county radios.

f40ph

Feed Provider
There will be 8 Fire mutual aid channels, 8 Law mutual aid (not encrypted), and (as noted above) 8 "Govt" (aka misc) mutual aid channels in the county radios.

Just an update - 6 of the Fire Mutual aid TGs are clear, two will be E. The opposite will be true of the Law TGs (2 clear, 6 E)
The 8 Gov mutual aid TGs appear to be all clear.

krazybob

Just an update - 6 of the Fire Mutual aid TGs are clear, two will be E. The opposite will be true of the Law TGs (2 clear, 6 E)
The 8 Gov mutual aid TGs appear to be all clear.

It's not your fault and I can't fix it either - but it's total BS. I monitor daily and have gone through 8 arson fires that would not have been stopped. But lest we break the rules I won't go any further. Thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.