Audio feed complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextuttle

I get an email every 4 to 6 months that says my feed volume is very low, I listen daily to my feed on multiple devices and I have to turn down the volume to listen most of the time. Could the complaints be user device issues and if so is it alright that I close the issue out without making changes to my setup?
The first two complaints were from the same user and the last two came from Gordon second party.

"** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL ***

User ***************** (********@*********)has reported a problem with your feed.*

Feed: Montrose County Public Safety and State Police
Problem: *Other
Details: *************************************************************************** I checked your feed's audio after receiving a report from one of your listeners and found that the volume level of the audio is very low, would you mind checking it? Thanks, Gordon Broadcastify.com Live Audio admin ***************************************************************************

You can manage your feed at the following link:

Thanks,

Broadcastify.com"

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Taking a listen, the volume is low in comparison to most other sources. It also sounds like there is something else going on. The bigger issue that hasn't been directly mentioned it is sounds like the audio is distorted. This is likely contributing to the volume issue as well.

I have actually been able to recreate similar audio be using a ground loop isolator and the front headphone jack of a RadioShack Pro-652. This might also affect other GRE/RadioShack/Whistler base scanners. If this is your setup, then switching the setup to use the rear external speaker port might help.

Are you feeding two scanners on your feed? It appears that your feed is operating in stereo mode, which is reserved for multiple scanner inputs. That would need to be changed to mono if you only have one scanner. This can be heard when using stereo headphones to listen to the feed.

Last edited:

alextuttle

Thanks!

My Pro-96 only has one output on it so I'm not able to pick and choose another one.
I have an analog radio hooked up to the other channel to broadcast Fire/EMS pages.
I am downloading a meter right now and I'll try to set it a little better so it's not so hot and hissy sounding.

Thank you for the input thus far guys!
I'll post when I think it's better and see what you think.

James

alextuttle

Thank you sir's!
I think it's about as good as I can get it.
I went to mono for now which I feel made it sound more like a tin can but it is clearer sounding, and I used a meter to keep it from clipping.
Any ideas on how to limit the hiss? I think it's in the 0 Hz to 33 Hz range.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Thank you sir's!
I think it's about as good as I can get it.
I went to mono for now which I feel made it sound more like a tin can but it is clearer sounding, and I used a meter to keep it from clipping.
Any ideas on how to limit the hiss? I think it's in the 0 Hz to 33 Hz range.

The hiss is present in almost every GRE-based scanner.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.