Where did Morrow Public Safety go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Word is Morrow Public Safety is using P25 radios and nothing has been heard on the old Analog system for some time. Anyone have a clue were they went?

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Word is Morrow Public Safety is using P25 radios and nothing has been heard on the old Analog system for some time. Anyone have a clue were they went?

Unfortunately, I believe they're on the P25 Phase 1 Central Georgia Interoperable Regional Radio System. I don't understand why they were on UHF in this type of rural area to begin with but it sure is better than 700 / 800 MHz. They would have been better off going to a VHF P25 system with the APX or other dual band radios. All these rural or partially rural agencies always complain about coverage becoming worse after they move to these high frequency systems like 700 / 800 MHz. After that they're force to pay the radio dealers more money to add more sites to make up for the coverage they would have had if they would've chosen the right band of frequencies for their geographical area. It's sad and most of all it's a officer safety issue.

-Dawson Adams
GMRS: WQPN413
Warning: I have a strong tendency to be bluntly honest.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Unfortunately, I believe they're on the P25 Phase 1 Central Georgia Interoperable Regional Radio System.

You sure about that? I don't have any better information, but it's hard to imagine they'd switch to a system whose closest tower is 3 counties and 47 miles away.

Why wouldn't it be more likely that Morrow switched to the Clayton County 700 MHz P25 system (encrypted, of course), like almost every other agency in their own county, or Forrest Park's P25 system a few miles away?

Dan

Last edited:

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
You sure about that? I don't have any better information, but it's hard to imagine they'd switch to a system whose closest tower is 3 counties and 47 miles away.

Why wouldn't it be more likely that Morrow switched to the Clayton County 700 MHz P25 system (encrypted, of course), like almost every other agency in their own county, or Forrest Park's P25 system a few miles away?

Dan

Maybe he was talking about a different county than what I'm thinking of but I'll look again.

-Dawson Adams

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Never mind, I had the city of Morrow and Monroe County confused.

-Dawson Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.