Race Flyover Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacellamaman

So last year I got withing signal stalker range at the Coca Cola 600 when the F-15's did their thing, but this year due to a suicidal deer, I shan't be anywhere nearby.

Out of the kindness of my heart (and with ulterior motives to boot) I'll relate that the A2A I snagged was on 300.025. As they left I heard "push to 260.1" but never heard anything on it after that, though plenty since then, as its a GSB utilized freq.

So there's ya'll a starting point and if anyone monitors anything of interest, the same or diff freqs, be a dear (not a deer, please, not a deer) and post it hear (or is it here?)

That's all. kkthx

oh and the time and place should be considered the following with the standard "ish" on the times, which are UTC so subtract 4 hours on each:

!CLT 05/423 CLT AIRSPACE AEROBATIC ACFT WI AN AREA DEFINED AS 5NM RADIUS OF CLT058016 (3NM SE JQF) 1000FT-4000FT AVOIDANCE ADVISED 1705282000-1705282015

for comparison last years notice was:

!JQF 05/016 JQF AIRSPACE AEROBATIC AREA WI AN AREA DEFINED AS 3NM RADIUS OF JQF SFC-1000FT 1605292100-1605292115

so as a final caveat, I haven't checked to see what aircraft or from whence they shall come, so get yer sweepers ready boys.

spacellamaman

Airborne Oath Ceremony???

well due to popular demand:

i dunno what the NOTAM was refering to cause what i caught was well over an hour later.

EAGLE1 and friends heard doing co-ord with ATC on:

134.650 KJQF CTAF
128.325 KCLT A/D

on the same freqs prior to the fly-over i heard jumping and "streamer drop" co-ord with ATC
involving at least a Cessna Stationair i believe. Also quite a few airborne rubberneckers trying to see if they could watch the flyover from, essentially from what i could tell, the exact areas that would make them front page news for mid-air collisions...sheesh

the only Mil Band traffic i heard was on:

260.100 - A2A with the EAGLE#'s

now since I was 30miles away i wasn't doing any wide searching just scanning the low
hanging fruit freqs. i suspect i missed a discrete freq that may also have been used so i would be very interested in anything else anyone might have caught.

Also something I hope someone out there can help me with a peculiar oath/swearing in
ceremony type thing. Lead aircraft was doing a repeat-after-me bit that went something
like this

"....take this oath of my own free will... defend this country from all enemies, foreign
and domestic.... by authorization of the Secretary of the Air Force... this day the 28th of
May 2017... so help me God" etc

if need be i can transcribe the whole thing here in a later post. there were two oddball
things like this but i had a tough time catching much of the first one, but caught all but the
first little bit of the second one that is excerpted above. Anyone care to shed some light on that?

autovon

Ø
It was probably the oath of enlistment.
https://www.army.mil/values/oath.html

Sometimes at airshows or other large events, military recruits will do their 'swearing in' in front of a crowd. Since a military officer can swear in enlisted recruits, this was likely done by piping in the audio from the radio down to the ground.

spacellamaman

well that is certainly interesting. looks like you nailed it on the head. i thought due to the background noise that it was A2A but it was only to 2 people and that would leave one out, aside from the fact that it seems a little late to swear someone in who is in the cockpit of a truly expensive gadget. well they did good with the readback, quick concise and generally very disciplined sounding, further confusing me.

yeah i bet a little trick like that makes the air force recruiters fight like wild dogs to get assigned to an event like that. and makes the other services recruiters green with envy. bonus city babay!

Baddad

Premium Subscriber
I was watching the flyover from my condo balcony in downtown CLT, 12 miles away. I caught a photog plane & ECHO 1 (flight of 4 F15's from Seymore Johnson AFB) talking to Charlotte A/D on 128.32. After the flyby, on 118.1, the KCLT tower pretty much gave them free rein to land on runway 18 left when ever they wanted. I watched them coming in on final in formation & figured they would land that way. When they got to the runway, they started peeling off 1 at a time into a hard verticle loop so that they would only land 1 at a time.

Pretty cool watching & listening to it from the 27th floor.

spacellamaman

oath again

I was watching the flyover from my condo balcony in downtown CLT, 12 miles away. I caught a photog plane & ECHO 1 (flight of 4 F15's from Seymore Johnson AFB) talking to Charlotte A/D on 128.32. After the flyby, on 118.1, the KCLT tower pretty much gave them free rein to land on runway 18 left when ever they wanted. I watched them coming in on final in formation & figured they would land that way. When they got to the runway, they started peeling off 1 at a time into a hard verticle loop so that they would only land 1 at a time.

Pretty cool watching & listening to it from the 27th floor.

i suppose you didn't get vid of that did ya???

and i suppose this is kinda relevant to put here: today at 1310est on 252.525 i heard the same oath administered to a major who is now a captain, the swearing in person ended with " in celebration of your promotion...we're now going to push it up". i waited for five minutes, sadly no sonic boom....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.