Scanner Repair Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkillins

Is anyone able to recommend a reputable electronics repair shop that would be willing and able to provide repairs to a couple of my older RS base model scanners? I live in Waterloo Region and have yet to find anyone, so will look at going outside the region if I have to.

I have a Pro2006, a good receiver, but would like a discriminator tap and perhaps a new display unit. Also, a Pro2045 with a squelch problem?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Fix radios

Is anyone able to recommend a reputable electronics repair shop that would be willing and able to provide repairs to a couple of my older RS base model scanners? I live in Waterloo Region and have yet to find anyone, so will look at going outside the region if I have to.

I have a Pro2006, a good receiver, but would like a discriminator tap and perhaps a new display unit. Also, a Pro2045 with a squelch problem?

Durham Radio or Radio World Are the two I do business with.
Steve

rkillins

Thank you Steve. I am familiar with them but was unaware they did repairs. Being older models I would think repairs may be costly.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
FIX RADIOS

Thank you Steve. I am familiar with them but was unaware they did repairs. Being older models I would think repairs may be costly.
Give them a call and talk to someone about prices

Durham Radio TOLL-FREE: 1-888-426-1688

Radio World TOLL-FREE 1-866-666-8600
Steve

Ed6698

I know he said he'd travel outside his area, but this one is near Rochester, NY :eek:

Probably could just send it.

I did not notice at first the OP is in Ontario, so shipping could be a issue. However this place has a reputation of doing good wok, several members of RR have commented on this place in the past.

va3ezt

Try Tedd at Lazer Audio & Electronics 519-513-0377 His shop is on old #97 at the 401 near Ayr..

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
I had Tedd install my antenna and scanner into my Honda Ridgeline. Did an excellent and professional install.

woody2266

Premium Subscriber
Lectron Radio in Peterborough is the best! I had an issue with my 996p2, sent it in and returned repaired withing 2 weeks....$45 charge and it cost me $15 for shipping (Cambridge); e-mail the service manager first for a repair number. his name is Dave Switzer, you will find his e-mail on the website, great guy, great company!
Home - Lectron Radio

VE3RADIO

Lectron Radio in Peterborough is the best! I had an issue with my 996p2, sent it in and returned repaired withing 2 weeks....$45 charge and it cost me $15 for shipping (Cambridge); e-mail the service manager first for a repair number. his name is Dave Switzer, you will find his e-mail on the website, great guy, great company!
Home - Lectron Radio

I use lectron also.. top notch.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Lectron for sure. I've used them many time for scanners and their prices are very reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.