upcoming Lake St. Louis visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am preparing my scanner for a trip to Lake St. Louis, I have reviewed the database and could use a little guidance on what I will be able to receive as I understand some transmissions are TDMA and my scanner does not receive that.

Thanks in advance

73 Herb

kc9neq

Premium Subscriber
Public safety radio traffic in the St. Louis and St. Louis County area is P25 and encrypted. The St. Louis Metro East area is also P25 along with VHF. Some of the P25 not encrypted.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
If you are going to the Lake St Louis area all of St Charles county (for the most part) is in the clear and P25 on the SLATER system. It is easy to monitor and there is a lot out there to hear. Also don't forget MOSWIN. Lots of MSHP traffic out that way. Also a good choice.

N2JDS

while you're in the area, you can also check out https://www.facebook.com/StCharlesMissouriScannerTraffic/
we post stuff from around the county. Enjoy your stay in my area. If you set up the slater to just scan all TG, you'll get quite a few muni things like streets and stuff, but there are quite a few side channel per dept that are interesting to follow. Same goes with MOSWIN. tower is strong and only about 8 miles south of LSL

Status
Not open for further replies.