BC75XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris516

I was recently given this scanner. I like it immensely. But when trying to program it with the local police frequencies, I noticed something.

It only goes up to a frequency of 512, and the local police are at 854. Is it just a matter of the police having a more advanced system, and/or my scanner not being powerful enough?

There is no problem with the fire/rescue frequencies. Because, They are below 150.

My scanner has a 300-channel/10-bank capacity.

Golay

Vintage radio

You have an older scanner, that cannot receive higher than 512 Mhz.
Most likely manufactured before the 800 bands were being utilized.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Not old at all

The BC75XTL is a current Uniden model. The date on the owners manual is 2012, so not "old" at all.

It's their low-end handheld scanner. 300 channels, no alpha tags, analog only, no trunking, only covers up to 512 MHz. Unfortunately that won't work for the OP's police channels, but perfectly fine for a lot of stuff including aircraft, weather band, and railroads (other than those who've gone to NXDN). There are plenty of places that are still using VHF or UHF analog for public safety as well. Personally, if I were buying a new conventional analog scanner I would go with the BC125AT because it has alpha tags (and is only like $20 or so more) but that's just me.

You can download software that will let you program it from a PC too, as long as you have the programming cable.

Chris516

The BC75XTL is a current Uniden model. The date on the owners manual is 2012, so not "old" at all.

It's their low-end handheld scanner. 300 channels, no alpha tags, analog only, no trunking, only covers up to 512 MHz. Unfortunately that won't work for the OP's police channels, but perfectly fine for a lot of stuff including aircraft, weather band, and railroads (other than those who've gone to NXDN). There are plenty of places that are still using VHF or UHF analog for public safety as well. Personally, if I were buying a new conventional analog scanner I would go with the BC125AT because it has alpha tags (and is only like $20 or so more) but that's just me.

You can download software that will let you program it from a PC too, as long as you have the programming cable.
I sort of figured it was the 'beginner' model. Especially since it was $20 off the $100 list price. While I can't get local police. I can get state police and a number of other law enforcement agencies in the area(encryption notwithstanding).

Status
Not open for further replies.