njsp troop c reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

Ok, I have a good question. when I'm mobile in monmouth county, south of ocean twp. my njsp telegraph hill reception drop's off. This is even with a scanner antenna on the car. I know there use to be the "wall ir" that supposedly covered that. This appear's to be gone. How do the listeners below ocean twp. get around this ?. Both home and mobile. Any help greatly appreciated. ps- this is especially important, because I enjoy a trip to Jersey shore Trauma Center, for the aircraft.

GM

Premium Subscriber
If I recall correctly, the Wall IR site was converted to a full Troop C site about 5 years ago, with the tower near milepost 95 on the GSP.

lou9155

Im in central burlington county and monitor Red Lion .Reception on my base and mobile is very weak. Im still trying to figure out the actual tower location closest to me.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Im in central burlington county and monitor Red Lion .Reception on my base and mobile is very weak. Im still trying to figure out the actual tower location closest to me.

Your closest simulcast site for A-troop is Berlin near the old circle. There is another down off of RT 539 in Warren Grove. The others are in Woodbine and Camden city. It can be a little rough in your area as you're in between two sites.

scannersnstuff

thank's for all the answer's. The funny thing is, since i read the new frequency assignment's, i see a few added one's. i do have all the control channel's in though. when i thought that i could not monitor the north medevac tg, i added a few of the new fq's, and pick them up l/c.

Septa3371CSX1

Your closest simulcast site for A-troop is Berlin near the old circle. There is another down off of RT 539 in Warren Grove. The others are in Woodbine and Camden city. It can be a little rough in your area as you're in between two sites.

I can attest to that area being a little difficult to pick up NJSP on a scanner at times. I haven't been that way since getting my XTS so I can't say how good it does but the Berlin tower is the closest to that area. The Warren Grove tower is on Troop C system and that doesn't come in until you get past the old Blue Comet route. Back in 2009 when I regularly traveled that way I wouldn't be able to pick up a control channel on the Troop C system off the Warren Grove tower until just after crossing under the old railroad bridge on 72 right after coming up that hill going east. West of there it was a not so strong signal on Troop A system.

scannersnstuff

so, I added the troop c simulcast frequencies, that I did not have in. I took a trip to the area of Jersey Shore Medical Center. I parked the scanner on the 860.7125 cc. My reception was highly dependent on my location. At the intersection of rt.33 and rt.35, at the Mcdonald's, the east side of the lot, no reception, on the west side, readable. I plan to research this further. In the good new's dept. I scored a quarter pounder, and a diet coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.