BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD996P2: How To Program Conventional DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

If you have a conventional DMR frequency, how do you tell the scanner exactly what color code, slot, and talk group ID to listen to? I don't see any option to put in the slot number or TG ID in a conventional system.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If you have a conventional DMR frequency, how do you tell the scanner exactly what color code, slot, and talk group ID to listen to? I don't see any option to put in the slot number or TG ID in a conventional system.

You don't on a conventional system. Create a DMR One-Freq system then you will be able to enter in the TGID and Slot on a TGID channel and Color Code on a site frequency.

CanesFan95

I'm using ProScan. It seems odd to program it as a one-frequency trunking system (which ProScan calls "DMR One Freq Trunk"), because it's not trunking, it's a conventional frequency. With trunking, you wouldn't tell it any slot number because the talk groups trunk around. But conventional, you need to tell it which slot.

So I guess this means that for every one conventional DMR frequency, you have to program it as a whole separate system? I was hoping to just have 1 conventional system with all the DMR frequencies in the 1 system.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it is using control signaling to identify different users on the system, then it is a form of trunking. It just does not use a control channel. In order to accommodate fields such as TGID, the scanner must use a trunking method for its programming.

If you have a DMR channel that uses only one frequency and only ever uses one TGID (so you don't really care what it is), then you can program it as a simple conventional channel. Otherwise, it is best to use DMR One Freq Trunk.

CanesFan95

But a conventional frequency wouldn't use any control channel though, would it? Since it's conventional and not trunked? I have a few DMR conventional frequencies that use different TGs on both slots.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Then they should be programmed as One Frequency Trunked.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It uses control signaling along with the voice signaling on the same frequency. It is trunked on the single frequency. It uses control signaling to assign/identify a channel amongst two or more TGID groups.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
I have logged several DMR hits but in manual mode how do you get the 996p2 to display the color /slot
am new to this,this is in custom search mode.
Hit are 453.0125 appears to be south river electric
this is in Cumberland co nc

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Display Mode 1 will show the flavor (CON, CAP, etc).
Display Mode 2 will show the Color Code.
Display Mode 3 will show the slot

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to UpMan one system id and going in scanner
Unknown as of yet off Fort Bragg sounds like a batt or unit operation internal comms
cc 1
slot 1
Tg#101 so far

CanesFan95

Is there a way to make it display all 3 at the same time? There's enough pixels on the screen to do it.

radicalbill

Can you go step by step instructions how to program a new single frequency dmr channel so it will decode every group and transmission on that frequency. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.