TRX-1: Having Trouble with a Connect Plus System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jje64

My TRX 1 has the latest FW and DSP, though it misses most transmissions on a local UHF Connect Plus system (The PADRN system in Pennsylvania).

If I program in each system frequency in my area as a conventional channel it seems to always decode transmissions, but when programmed as a trunk system it does not.

I have tried locking out sites not in use in my area, i have adjusted the Low and High threshold levels, I have tried with and without CC's programmed.

Any advice on what would need to be done to track this Connect Plus system properly? Does anyone in the SE Pennsylvania area have this system working on a TRX1?

Thank you

troymail

Silent Key
In my experience, the larger and more active the system, the more likely you'll miss transmissions. Best bet is to keep the system/site frequencies limited to as few as possible (i.e. all known/valid REPEATER frequencies for a given site). I've found many licenses that indicate multiple frequencies where in some cases all are not being used. In other cases, the frequencies for a site are spread over multiple licences.

Looking at the RRDB listings for PADRN, I really wonder how complete the information is given there are some sites missing, sites with unknown locations, and many sites with only single control channel frequencies.

For those of us who only monitored public safety systems (i.e. Motorola, EDACS, P25, etc.) in the past, these DMR and NXDN (mostly) business leasing provider systems are a total mess (in terms of what we know and understand about them).

Gilligan

Database Admin
That's exactly what I was thinking. RadioReference has a policy on not adding unconfirmed info to these kinds of sites, so I'm wondering if the op is trying to listen to a tower with only 1 or 2 frequencies listed while perhaps 4 or 5 are in use. Good possibility...

troymail

Silent Key
There's a site on a multi-state system here in Maryland which I submitted a while back.

The only active frequency I could find at the time was the control channel frequency. Oddly (or maybe not), the voice activity would appear on the same frequency and there was little to no activity on the site.

The license says there are several additional frequencies but I could not verify them so they ere never submitted.

At some point, as the company that leases service on the system to more customers, I'm sure more frequencies will be activated.

However, when that happens, if no one notices and/or submits these additional site frequencies to the RRDB, users will just load the library data and run into the (probably) same problem being reported here because the data is out of date/incomplete.

jje64

I am in SE PA. I agree with the use of a limited number if sites in the scanner. I am just using the Philly, Malvern,and Allentown sites .

I have augmented the published freqs with this u have found manually.

The radio still fails to get most conversations as compared to conventional.

Frankly, I find similar results with the amateur DMR MARC freqs. While i realize they are not a connect plus system, I find when programmed as a trunk system the radio dies worse than when I program the freqs as conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.