Angeles NF Frequency Change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverspy

Does anyone have any information about the frequency change slated for the Angeles NF Forest Net,
planned for either this fall or winter? Indication is that the input frequency will be changed? I don't know
any more than that. Apparently this will "realign" the net for the 2019 NTIA deadline.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Do you have any documentation for this? Only changes I've seen were for the Admin and Service nets and those have been updated.

My docs also show the Forest Net input change to 164.9375, scheduled for Dec 2017 (which are loose goals in themselves). All the 2017 fire loads I've seen reference the 169.950 so I don't expect a mid-season change like some other forests did in the last few years.

169.950 is not a proper input frequency in the NTIA fed plan.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
My docs also show the Forest Net input change to 164.9375, scheduled for Dec 2017 (which are loose goals in themselves). All the 2017 fire loads I've seen reference the 169.950 so I don't expect a mid-season change like some other forests did in the last few years.

169.950 is not a proper input frequency in the NTIA fed plan.

I can also confirm the ANF forest net input should be changing from 169.95 MHz to 164.9357 MHz around Dec 2017 timeframe.

Also perhaps a bit of a thread drift, but the ANF forest net input booms into the Antelope Valley on 169.95, but I have yet to hear the repeater output on 172.375. I have even heard both dispatch and mobiles on 169.95 in the Valyermo area, to the point I was suspicious that the input and output freqs may have been reversed. Can anyone confirm if ANF does anything funky with Forest net north of the San Gabriel mountains in District 3? Is Angeles ECC located in that area and would that explain why I hear dispatch loud and clear on the input in Valyermo and points north?

PaulNDaOC

I can also confirm the ANF forest net input should be changing from 169.95 MHz to 164.9357 MHz around Dec 2017 timeframe.

Also perhaps a bit of a thread drift, but the ANF forest net input booms into the Antelope Valley on 169.95, but I have yet to hear the repeater output on 172.375. I have even heard both dispatch and mobiles on 169.95 in the Valyermo area, to the point I was suspicious that the input and output freqs may have been reversed. Can anyone confirm if ANF does anything funky with Forest net north of the San Gabriel mountains in District 3? Is Angeles ECC located in that area and would that explain why I hear dispatch loud and clear on the input in Valyermo and points north?

Over the weekend I heard repeated radio traffic on 172.375 on Tone 3 (East Fork Area)

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Angeles ECC is located at Fox Field in Lancaster next to the tanker base.

Makes perfect sense then, I must be hearing the ECC transmitting on the input from Fox field. I was under the impression the ECC was in the LA basin and would have been out of line of sight.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.