Six Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Six Flags Over Georgia (and Whitewater) has historically used UHF analog frequencies (a mix of repeaters and simplex) for park security, operations and business activities.

Last month SFOG got new licenses that authorize DMR (MotoTRBO) usage, including several repeater pairs:

WQZG856 (SIX FLAGS OVER GEORGIA) FCC Callsign Details
WQHK444 (SIX FLAGS OVER GEORGIA) FCC Callsign Details
WPPT494 (SIX FLAGS OVER GEORGIA) FCC Callsign Details

Anyone know if these frequencies are in DMR use yet by SFOG? Anyone close enough in Cobb/Douglas County with DMR equipment to give it a listen?

Looks like Six Flags Fiesta (San Antonio) recently got DMR licenses too. Perhaps a company-wide upgrade process?

I was at Whitewater yesterday and the 5 analog frequencies posted to RR were still in use, and there are no DMR licenses there.

Dan

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
I am 10 miles to the west with a yagi pointed right at it (into Atlanta). I have never been able to pick up their analog frequencies from that far out. I tried the new digital freq, no luck.

The park sits in the river valley. Because of "Six Flags Hill" on the west and the Fulton Ind. Hill on the east. the only time I hear them is when I am driving by, and at 70mph, that's only a matter of 60 sec.

I will program the frequencies and see if I get a hit on them when I drive by, which isn't often. Stay tuned.

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
I drove by today and they are most certainly on their analog system. It doesn't appear as if anything has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.