Bergen County - Northern Valley PDs using County talkgroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard that PDs in the northern valley of Bergen County were using a new talk group on the Bergen County Public Safety Trunked System today. The VHF channel appears to be dead.

Anyone know what's going on?

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
1204 was just for Wallington to use during the Christmas Parade with loaner radios most likely. 1204 is most likely PD DISPATCH 4, as in Midland Park and Wyckoff the radios show PD DISPATCH 6 for 1206.

jvdet

I hearing most of the comms from Northvale/Norwood, Harrington park on Interops channel 1 and 1204 and at times on vhf?

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
been hearing that too. I would wait until the VHF is not use as primary radio traffic - all those northern valley (PD) towns did well on the 2 VHF channels with the county - thought someday they would move to the Alpine/Demerest tg. so far only portables seem to be in use no mobiles time will tell
With the dimanteling of the County Police dept who built/supported the trunk system it seems IMHO too many 'civilians "(political) "in the kitchen" to get users on the system; but thats for another thread...
when back up there I'll be listening

jvdet

To keep adding to this system, I don't hear Closter on that TG, I only hear them and others on VHF

But did hear a westwood FD radio (town 67) talking with county Haz Mat on a condition they were having. At first I thought it was a MAC which uses radios prefix 98xxxxx, not 67 prefix radio ID
UM.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.