DSDPlus plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

I understand that the developer of DSD+ might be unwilling to announce any development ideas that might turn into vaporware, or to tip his hand for other reasons.

With that in mind...

Can we expect P25 Phase 2 decoding/tracking in a future update?

Also, even though the technology is fading, it would be useful in some areas if DSDPlus could at least identify and display basic information from EDACS signals (site, LCN, wide/narrow, SCAT).

KD8DVR

This has been asked for repeatedly. It has also been repeatedly ignored by the developer.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I don't think he took the money and ran I think he's a normal guy who probably got busy and is coding DSD on his spare time I am sure we will see something in due time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
No doubt the few thousand dollars he made allow him to live in the lap of luxury on a tropical island. Drinking Pina Colada, getting caught in the rain, and so on. :roll:

He took the money and left for another country.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
For $25 I'm pretty darned pleased at the great job it does. How else could one take a few $10 dongles and turn them into a pretty effective monitoring system for both conventional and trunked digital reception. If it doesn't advance another release I'm still perfectly happy with it. That being said, I hope it does. :)

garys

Premium Subscriber
We need a "Like" button on this forum. :D

For $25 I'm pretty darned pleased at the great job it does. How else could one take a few $10 dongles and turn them into a pretty effective monitoring system for both conventional and trunked digital reception. If it doesn't advance another release I'm still perfectly happy with it. That being said, I hope it does. :)

D

DaveNF2G

He answered my email. P25P2 is coming.

I hope the flamers feel foolish now, but probably not.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
No doubt the few thousand dollars he made allow him to live in the lap of luxury on a tropical island. Drinking Pina Colada, getting caught in the rain, and so on. :roll:

That tropical island appears to have wifi because he also answered my email regarding tg's changing during a transmission.

Dave, did they give any eta?

mandcaff

well, all i can say is that i sent him 10 bucks on sunday night and received the latest release of dsd on monday, cant say he dont read his emails,so i would think hes working on a better dsd, give him time.

D

DaveNF2G

That tropical island appears to have wifi because he also answered my email regarding tg's changing during a transmission.

Dave, did they give any eta?

No ETA. He did say that he does not intend to work on EDACS because there are other digital protocols to work on.

bharvey2

Nice of you to pass on this information. I've been a long time user of DSD plus and enjoy it immensely. I've always suspected that the work was being done in "spare time" so busting his chops about when he was going to get something done on his own time just isn't right. I appreciate his efforts and will just have to wait. I know I'd have to wait a whole lot longer if I was to learn how to do the programming and write it myself.

OHIOSCAN

I think a lot of the "Where Is The Update" *****ing is a result of just how successful DSD+ has been and users are just excited to see what's in the next update. I've had more fun with DSD+ then any radio toy I've used in 30+ years of scanning. The guys who coded this have done a great service to the hobby and should take the "*****ing" as badge of success.

M105

I think a lot of the "Where Is The Update" *****ing is a result of just how successful DSD+ has been and users are just excited to see what's in the next update. I've had more fun with DSD+ then any radio toy I've used in 30+ years of scanning. The guys who coded this have done a great service to the hobby and should take the "*****ing" as badge of success.

As someone else said; "We need a like button." Best $25.00 I have spent in a long time. I look forward to P25 PII when it arrives.

hamtrektng

We would love to know in advance what new features and/or improvements to look forward to. Would also pay him for a decryption version release where ever possible! 😉 Good show DSD+

Status
Not open for further replies.