ISS Scanner Attempt 7/22/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyTexan

Well I tried picking up transmissions on 145.800 while the ISS was directly overhead tonight.

I didn't hear any voice but heard what sounded like data transmissions, beeps and bloops.

My dad always had us interested in the ISS fly overs. Tonight was no different, he had a group text going informing the friends and family where to look and updates on where she's flying over.

ISS flying over a bunch this week so I'm hoping to pick up some transmission.

RFI-EMI-GUY

There is a Russian duplex phone circuit around 143 MHZ which can be received quite readily with a 2 meter receiver on flyovers of the ISS.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
It is slow scan TV. Some good images that I have seen posted. It is in celebration of a number of years from ISS. Supposed to last for the weekend now. I don't have exact time but believe it was extended to Sunday. ARISS might have some information. I don't believe that they are expecting any voice however.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
It is slow scan TV.
Yep.

A few passes were booming in here on 145.800 on a discone connected to a scanner.

I should have patched a cable to a PC and ran MMSSTV. The solid signals would have generated good pix.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Yes copied a couple images here early Sat morning on MMSSTV software just
using audio into mic from discone antenna.Last night the track was a ways offshore then too far
Northwest on second pass so got scratchy images.
Couple from early Saturday.. Need to adjust slant settings as you can see.
Mode was the ear piercing PD120.

Attachments

• 201707220345.jpg
    201707220345.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 296
  • 201707220836.jpg
    201707220836.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:

Tim-B

I heard the data transmissions loud and clear last night with just an old Pro-2067 using nothing but the telescoping antenna that came with my BCD536HP mounted to the side of a shelf indoors.

I was sitting there and it starts going ble-leet ble-leet ble-leet on 145.8. A minute into the transmission I went outside and I saw it passing almost directly overhead.

I tried to hear something several time before and even went outside with a telescoping antenna extended all the way and the squelch backed off all the way but I heard nothing as it passed over. Receiving it so loud and clear last night really surprised me. Now if they would just talk instead.

wtp

also got it myself.

using a handheld scanner uniden 396T and a radio shack 800Mhz antenna on it.
it was too far away to see, or it was behind some trees. a website said about 23 degrees elevation.
but the noise on 145.8 was slow scan TV.
it was about 10:55 local time. and lasted a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.