7/23/2017 Site Outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well folks, my apologies for the site outage today.

Of course, I’m on vacation in Hawaii, and started getting alerts earlier this afternoon. After making it back to my hotel room I noticed that our read only database servers were in pretty bad condition.

I had to restore both from backups from our standby server. I then activated the standby server to function in the read only mode until we could get the other database server back online.

I’ll be working to restore all services over the next few hours. Sorry for the problems and thanks for your patience.

Lindsay

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Also, note that we might still experience some “after shocks” after this event... so be patient if the site goes down again.

Rest assured, when something happens to the site I’m well aware and notified via alerts immediately.

I’m working remotely from an iPad, but so far I’m able to manage everything OK while my children look at me with scorn laying in their hotel beds waiting for me to be back available for activities.

Last edited:

k0aa

Well folks, my apologies for the site outage today.

Of course, I’m on vacation in Hawaii, and started getting alerts earlier this afternoon. After making it back to my hotel room I noticed that our read only database servers were in pretty bad condition.

I had to restore both from backups from our standby server. I then activated the standby server to function in the read only mode until we could get the other database server back online.

I’ll be working to restore all services over the next few hours. Sorry for the problems and thanks for your patience.

Lindsay
Lindsay:

I, like multitudes of other RR subscribers, appreciate all that you and your team do to provide this wonderful RR system. Please know we will be patient as steps are taken to restore elements that have meandered away from their normal status.

Respectfully,

Phil
A happy RR subscriber

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Lindsay: I am sorry your vacation is being interfered with but I am thankful you can still have things looked @ from there...... Im thankful you care enough to do this while your vacationing..... (Some sites might be down until the admin got back)

I didnt see this outage,it must have happened after I logged off but im glad things are ok!!!

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
Lindsay,
I did notice the site outage but trusted that as with all other issues that have happened here at Radio Reference, it would be addressed in a quick and efficient manner. I as a family man know the value of a family vacation as well and as such appreciate the time you took from that to address the issues with Radio Reference and it just proves how much you care about the site and its members. Again Lindsay many thanks.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I found it quite handy. When I noticed Broadcastify down, it allowed me to change some cables and wiring routes to the scanners I feed with..

Downtime happens, no need to apologize..

iamhere300

Lindsay,

No big deal, but I do think it only fare that I get a portion of my membership fees back due to the downtime. Say, 10 years worth?

Just drop it in my account buddy.

Yes everyone, it is a joke....

jim202

Some users of this site have no understanding just what effort it takes to keep it humming.

A well deserved pat on the back for taking time out and away from the family to restore the site to a functional state. Now that the site is functioning again, please take the focus of your time and enjoy your vacation with the family.

We can survive for a time without the site. But some might not have the same understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.