Dorchester County summerville

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanball14

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know what happened to Dorchester County Palmetto 800? Scanner won't pick up the Summerville site as of 7/25/15

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
The palmetto 800 has begun upgrade to p25 with lowcountry first. This has been out for over a year and changeover dates were announced a couple months ago with delay announced a month ago now. Rest of state converts by October. If no more delays

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

beanball14

Premium Subscriber
Thought so. Trying to find new talkgroups. Will probably have to search until they get published here unless anybody knows where to find them.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
No one has put them in db yet. We need site numbers. New cc
New acc
Site NAC
Tgs.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

jamiewmorris

Troop 6 area switched over on Monday night. Troop 5 area will switch over tonight (Wednesday). I submitted the Russelville site and I know that several people are submitting and it will take some time to start getting these TGs showing up.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Yes, as of today we have pretty good information from the Beaufort County and Jasper area for sites and talkgroups. We need site and talkgroup information for Colleton, Dorchester and Berkeley County (we have talkgroups listed for Berkeley now).

Put your scanners into search/wildcard mode and see what you can find. Fire up Pro96Com or Unitrunker to find site information. I'll work submissions as quickly as I can.

connah

Hi all. After much saving, I just bought a $500 scanner only to have it pick up absolutely NOTHING in Dorchester County. After reading this post, am I correct in understanding a switchover is taking place, by coincidence, at the same time I bought my new scanner? I was just about to send it back for a refund. Should I sit tight? I put it in tune mode and manually entered the frequencies listed for P800 in Dorchester and hear nothing but static.

connah

I bought the Uniden BCD436HP. I am brand new to its functionality and still trying to learn how to use it. Slow going. I am very familiar with programming the Pro 106.

connah

Ok, so I entered the P25 frequency of 853.95 and set it to scan anything. I'm getting talkgroups of Charleston County PD on TGID 1667 and that's IT.

peeta725

Premium Subscriber
I bought the Uniden BCD436HP. I am brand new to its functionality and still trying to learn how to use it. Slow going. I am very familiar with programming the Pro 106.
Your scanner is more than capable of monitoring the new P25 system.

Here's a link to a site I found useful for my scanners:
Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

Also you'll probably want to consider getting an 800 mHz antenna for your portable.

connah

It's not an issue of not knowing how to setup the system (I think). It's an issue of receiving NOTHING in my area. I've been using that manual BTW, and it's great. But I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm actually replying to the OP who seems to have the same trouble I do. I just can't figure out WHY I'm not receiving anything for Dorchester.

peeta725

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the default antenna? If so, you'll definitely want to look into a dedicated 800 mHz antenna.

connah

I am indeed using default antenna but the 800mhz one is in the mail on the way. But again, I am receiving limited talk groups just fine. I'm not getting anything for MY area, Dorchester, just like the OP is complaining of.

peeta725

Premium Subscriber
Did you also program 853.1875? That's the other CC for the Summerville site.

EDIT: originally wrote "only" instead of "other"

connah

Only static on that frequency. I show another CC of 853.95 and that's where all the action is. I am successfully receiving transmissions for Charleston County PD and Fire. I'm getting nothing for Dorchester County.

peeta725

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried the Knightsville site yet? It's not in the new P25 database but the frequencies from the old Pal800 site should work. It's somewhat possible that the Dorchester talkgroups may not be affiliated with the Summerville site as ridiculous as that sounds, maybe they made it a Charleston only site?

connah

I have indeed. The thing is, like OP was saying, everything worked fine around here until 2 days ago. Dorchester County suddenly disappeared off P800. Posts above indicate a migration to P25 but RR doesn't have the TGIDs for Dorchester yet. But even when I go in scan mode, I get nothing on P25 for the Dorchester area, only hearing Charleston PD on it.

peeta725

Premium Subscriber
Well yeah they did their cutover Monday night for all Troop 6 sites. It's very strange that you can't pick it up though. I was experimenting myself earlier today with what I believe is the Knightsville site and I definitely heard law enforcement in the Summerville area. Couldn't tell if it was Summerville PD or DCSO though. (and I'm over in Berkeley!)

I'm stumped, sorry bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.