Milwaukee county trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa9cat

Feed Provider
Anyone know what's going on with the milw county trunking. Not hearing any calls on the system for the last couple of hours

wa9cat

Feed Provider
Milw county trunking still down. It been hours. Anyone know what they use for back up
The internet in the milw area associated with what was time warner is also down

greenfieldwi

Premium Subscriber
whew

Well, not that it's a good situation, per se, but I feel a bit better as I was reprogramming my scanner last night and have been going crazy trying to figure out what I did!

mkescan

It's in Fail Soft, unknown what happened or when it will be back online. Check the thread below this one

wa9cat

Feed Provider
one of the user of the milw county trunking system said the reason it is down is because the system took a lightning strike on Wednesday.

wa9cat

Feed Provider
Milw county trunking is still in fail safe mode. Using 8tac 92 simplex
Parts needed were shipped overnight from Texas
They hope to have the system back up Friday morning.
They think after 10 am they will know when it will go back to normal use

zsauve

Sounds like some agencies are starting to make the final switch to Oasis as well as there is some digital, non patched, traffic on the system. Oak Creek, Cudahy, St. Francis, & South Milwaukee Fire appear to be using VHF on 154.2200 for now.

mkescan

154.220 - Cudahy, Oak Creek, South Milwaukee, St Francis

Greenfield Analog System
Franklin PD - 4592
Franklin FD 33200
Greendale PD - 3152
Greendale FD - 33200
Hales Corners PD - 4496
Hales Corners FD - 33200
West Allis PD - 16
West Allis Fire - 33136
West Milwaukee PD - 4560
North Shore on 8TAC
Tosa & Oak Creek were using Failsoft Freq with the beeps last night 851.5375. There is a nuisance button on radios to stop the beeps.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
I just drove past the Brown Deer tower site and I saw a worker on the tower, it appears they are fixing some equipment on the tower, if the tower did indeed get struck by lightning as long as it's not the main site I am wondering how that could knock the whole system out? I thought if one site goes down the system usually isn't affected as a whole just that tower wouldn't be on the air and there would obviously be coverage issues.

Thanks Joe Curtis

CrabbyMilton

Begs the question that how did they get by before repeaters?
An FD and PD would have some trouble on low power simplex but it would work. But MAYFAIR, SOUTHRIDGE, and parts of the airport would be ok...I think.

zsauve

Southridge mall doesnt even have to worry about the system problems anymore as they switched to DMR several months ago. Mayfair on the other hand probably is going to have issues. Being a former officer in the department, the mall had lots of dead zones. I imagine they are probably using the old Kenwoods & HT600's that they used before Facilities & housekeeping went on DMR.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
Control channel is back up and running as of 1900 but none to very little radio traffic at this time I did hear key ups on TG 8016 which is radio techs I am sure they are being very careful so the system doesn't go back down again

Steve08CVPI

154.220 - Cudahy, Oak Creek, South Milwaukee, St Francis

Greenfield Analog System
Franklin PD - 4592
Franklin FD 33200
Greendale PD - 3152
Greendale FD - 33200
Hales Corners PD - 4496
Hales Corners FD - 33200
West Allis PD - 16
West Allis Fire - 33136
West Milwaukee PD - 4560
North Shore on 8TAC
Tosa & Oak Creek were using Failsoft Freq with the beeps last night 851.5375. There is a nuisance button on radios to stop the beeps.

Are these new talkgroup id's? Using the same control frequencies? How does this work? I barely could figure thiss out when trunking was invented

CrabbyMilton

Thanks Zsauve. I was not aware of SOUTHRIDGE switching over.
I noticed that MCTRS seems to be back so we'll see how long it stays up before konking out again or for good when the new system has everybody on it.

zsauve

Thanks Zsauve. I was not aware of SOUTHRIDGE switching over.
I noticed that MCTRS seems to be back so we'll see how long it stays up before konking out again or for good when the new system has everybody on it.

I'm honestly surprised more agencies arnt using oasis. I got to personally try the system on a demo talkgroup for my current job & coverage is flawless. I guess agencies need to get their XTS radios reflashed & reprogrammed for the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.