INDNR TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
What IN DNR Facility is out near the International Airport right near Washington and Hoffman? DNR has an single freq TRS, analog, so most likely LTR , or maybe EDACS SCAT?
WQDN224
25 Watts top output, so low power for whatever it is there...

APPLICANT IS A DIVISION OF INDIANA DNR AND WILL USE RADIOS TO COORDINATE GUEST SERVICES, MAINTENANCE, EXHIBITS, SECURITY & PROGRAMS

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
The Licensee address is "DNR DIVISION OF MUSEUMS AND HISTORIC SITES, 650 W. WASHINGTON ST". That looks to be "Indiana State Museum"(MapQuest)

Indianapolis​
(Marion County)​
As a division of the Indiana Department of Natural​
Resources, the Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites

Maybe someone with liz-dexia typed in the lat and long.
I transposed some numbers on an STA one time, the nice lady at the FCC sent an email saying the location was not in the US.
I sent a reply that said "then you owe me a refund", she thanked me for making her laugh.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The only thing of note at that intersection is the tank farm for jet fuel used at the airport.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Yes, the Indy ARTCC operations center is about a mile away. There are no antennas there anymore. The big rotatable LPDA was taken down a few years ago.

At North Perimeter Road and Newhaven Rd, west of Hoffman Rd, there's a air traffic antenna array in the southeast corner of the intersection.

N9IIT

Yes, the Indy ARTCC operations center is about a mile away. There are no antennas there anymore. The big rotatable LPDA was taken down a few years ago.

At North Perimeter Road and Newhaven Rd, west of Hoffman Rd, there's a air traffic antenna array in the southeast corner of the intersection.

So what's all those antennae south side of I-70 about a half mile from the NOAA radar facility?

Status
Not open for further replies.