Pricing opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bama9999

I've got a 536 that I'm planning to sell, and I wanted to get other's input on what would be a fair price. I'm willing to give someone a bargain, but I don't want to lose my shirt in the deal either.

My 536 has both the Provoice and the DMR upgrades, includes the Uniden GPS unit, as well as the standard accessories and is in like new condition, with the latest firmware and database updates. So my question is this... The price I want is $500.00, plus $20.00 shipping... does this sound like a fair price for everything?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Honestly, $500 is high in my book for a used unit. Even a new unit is under that price.
Granted the accessories and the upgrades add some, but not that much. The new firmware and updated DB add zero, because its free.

So you have a unit, that is most likely out of warranty, with accessories. I normally figure 50% off new price. But that is me. Yes, there are people selling them for more, but not to me.

Honestly, I would say $300 to $350 would be fair.

Just my two cents.

bama9999

Thanks for your input. I know the new firmware and database updates don't add to it monetarily, but just pointed that part out to show that it's ready to just plug in and start scanning, without needing to update anything first.

I'm not totally locked into the price I mentioned, hence the reason I asked for opinions, so again, thank you for your post.

bama9999

Moderators, please go ahead and close this thread. I got the info I needed, and see that my original asking price was a bit too high.

Thanks.

mule1075

Feed Provider
With both upgrades and the GPS puck is about 170 dollars in accessories.500 is about right in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Going to close this as it has crossed over into violating the RR.com rule about Buy/Sell outside of Classifieds.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.