• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Older Motorola CPS Versions -- Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

officer1830

Hello,

I am currently reprogramming my departments radios to add in a few needed frequencies and identifiers. They are all HT750's Some are newer than others. Today, while attempting to program them, I came across 3 radios I am unable to read or write to. I am getting an error in CPS that tells me the codeplug cannot be read by the version of CPS i am using. I have 2 versions (06.09.06 and 06.10.04). Does anyone have any of the older versions of CPS that will allow me to get these radios programmed?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am currently reprogramming my departments radios to add in a few needed frequencies and identifiers. They are all HT750's Some are newer than others. Today, while attempting to program them, I came across 3 radios I am unable to read or write to. I am getting an error in CPS that tells me the codeplug cannot be read by the version of CPS i am using. I have 2 versions (06.09.06 and 06.10.04). Does anyone have any of the older versions of CPS that will allow me to get these radios programmed?
The versions you are using are really old. What that error message means is that you have to use the same or newer version of the CPS that the radio was programmed with.

When I bought the first Pro Series CPS for my shop in 2011, it was version R06.12.02 so your copies are far, far older.

The last version of that CPS to be released was R06.12.09, but it you need to program anything wideband, don't acquire anything newer than R06.12.05. Anything later than that does narrowband only unless you go through Motorola's gyrations for a wideband EID.

Search tags: The Professional or Waris
Series of radios includes:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550
EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650 PR860
CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550
HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.
They are all programmed with HVN9025 CPS.
The last version of the CPS released before the
product line was discontinued is R06.12.09.

If you need a blank codeplug, there is a folder
full of them, one for each possible model
number on your hard drive. The folder is in
the Program Files where your CPS is installed.
It is labelled SAMPLES.

Last edited:

Nasby

Ebay has the latest CPS versions for those radios at around $15.00

officer1830

Ahh.. that makes sense. The serial number (672TQY0134) tells me the radio was manufactured December of 1990/2014. Im guessing the 2014 date is the correct one.

So if my software is older than your 2011 purchase, im most likely going to need that version, if not, the latest and greatest version of CPS correct?

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Ebay has the latest CPS versions for those radios at around $15.00

and support people who are illegally Pirating the software...many times those software packages are incomplete or incompatible and will do more damage to the radio..

Nasby

Sorry. I was not really referring to pirated CPS.

I was referring to legitimate Motorola CPS from an authorized radio shop.

Please delete if not allowed. Just trying to help out a civil servant.

Golay

Finger playing

Hello,

You need to create a new code plug from scratch with the version you have. Then write that code plug to the radio. Your older version software will overwrite the newer version software that is currently in the radio. This don't work for most Moto's, but it works with the Waris stuff.

Once again, this only works with a built from scratch code plug. You can't use a code plug from an older version radio.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Why not update the firmware and use the newest CPS?

N1GTL

Database Admin
After re-reading the OP, it sounds like the radios may have firmware that is newer than his CPS can read. Perhaps at one point they went to the depot or a shop updated the firmware and his CPS is too OLD to read it. He needs newer CPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.