DOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I think they are but very rarley talk ut its possible they could be on CSP system but there is no IDs for them so i am wondering myself, that DOT low band is kind of crappy, they do not say at all LOL

leadjammer

At least three or four times a day I hear CSP units asking dispatchers to call the Service Patrol and I just wondered how and where they do it. Kind of mysterious.

HamRFinCT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

PL 146.2 Bridgeport
PL 141.3 Newington

I thought I read 47.08 near Waterbury but I have not confirmed this.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
The low band is set up like the old CSP system. You have to be within range of the trucks to hear them. I hear the base talk to the trucks but no reply, unless they are close by.:roll:

Manny

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
When they stop they call into the troop and give the plate number. i do not think they get out until they hear back from the troop

cg

Premium Subscriber
I have never heard any DOT user on the CSP talkgroups, if they do contact the troop, it is very likely by phone. I believe the DOT does not even give the troop control of the cameras, they are controlled by the Newington DOT HQ.

chris

SVFC462

Feed Provider
I heard the them talking today on my scanner, not much chatter but thought id pass it along. ..

CT DOT 1 (47.38 PL146.2)

slapshot_818

The service patrols use the DOT radios. Also the cameras and traffic signs are all controlled at troop G (aka Bridgeport Control). I believe that the CT Post and possibly channel 8 both did a story on this subject. I don't remember how far back though. Possibly it can be "Googled"

Status
Not open for further replies.