HELP! Antenna to be dismantled

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioLover2

I put an offer on an empty lot and with it comes a real tall two radio antenna, does anyone know who could dismantle it and take it away? I am giving it away for free. It has been disconnected from the meter and electricity recently. The antenna is in Oakland, California. Any help/info is really appreciated.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
If they're commercial style towers, your best bet would be to find a professional service.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I put an offer on an empty lot and with it comes a real tall two radio antenna, does anyone know who could dismantle it and take it away? I am giving it away for free. It has been disconnected from the meter and electricity recently. The antenna is in Oakland, California. Any help/info is really appreciated.

FYI; Check the FCC tower site registration and make sure these towers are not required to be marked or lighted. Also double check FAA Digital Obstacle File. If they are improperly marked or lighted, the FCC might have imposed, or is preparing to impose a fine on the tower owner, (soon to be you). Usually this only is a case to towers 200 feet and higher, but if in the airport glide slope, shorter towers are affected. You might be getting good deal only to be saddled with a hefty four figure fine.

bharvey2

You might contact Crystal Communications in San Leandro. They do a lot of commercial work in the area. Dave might have an interest in it.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

Photos or location would be helpful.

Depending on how tall the towers are, what's on them, how they are installed, what's immediately around them, and what sort of enclosure is on the ground will determine how much work that would be.

I know of a few guys that do this sort of work, and a few that are actively looking for used tower sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.