Discontinued 536?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcloud08

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Uniden is about to release a new scanner? Walcott CB says they have been discontinued...

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,405

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps, but in looking around at other stores I suspect Walcott CB is the only company that is "discontinuing" the sale of this model.

blackcloud08

Premium Subscriber
It would figure I bought mine not six months ago :(

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'll give you $300 for it so you can buy the new model :)

Perhaps, but in looking around at other stores I suspect Walcott CB is the only company that is "discontinuing" the sale of this model.

Yea that's probably it, I was just looking for a god deal on a 2nd 536 and wondered if they might be coming out with an updated model.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Their "discontinued" price of $599.95 is $100.00 more than the cost on Amazon or the Ham Station, and $70 more than ScannerMaster.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Walcott may be discontinuing sales of the 536 (their loss), but Uniden hasn't discontinued making them.

marksmith

Their "discontinued" price of $599.95 is $100.00 more than the cost on Amazon or the Ham Station, and $70 more than ScannerMaster.
Probably the reason they are discontinued. They cannot sell any at that price.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I'm thinking this vendor is discontinuing their sales of this model. This would be the first time I ever saw Uniden discontinue producing a model without having a comparable/more featured model available for purchase. And there usually are hints a month or two before Uniden announces a product.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Two obscure websites, which I'd bet that no one on RR has bought a 536HP from are no longer selling them. And people are soiling their Depends over the news.

Scanner Master, HRO, The Ham Station, Amazon, Universal Radio, Factoryoutletstore, Bearcatwarehouse, and Walmart all have them listed and in stock.

So, relax.

SCPD

QRT
Thats a CB store, Dont worry there are plenty of 536HPs out there.
No new scanners were shown at the big hamfest in Ohio.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Not to validate the concerns of some people, but I seem to remember that Uniden has not had booths at recent CES or other shows. They host a "hospitality suite", but don't have displays on the exhibit hall floor.

That said, you're right about the rest.

Thats a CB store, Dont worry there are plenty of 536HPs out there.
No new scanners were shown at the big hamfest in Ohio.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Not to validate the concerns of some people, but I seem to remember that Uniden has not had booths at recent CES or other shows. They host a "hospitality suite", but don't have displays on the exhibit hall floor.

True, but I don't think that would necessarily be an indication either. This poster made an observation about Uniden's lack of a booth at this year's hamvention....

https://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-tavern/351532-uniden-not-going-hamvention.html#post2748925

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Uniden has never had a booth at Hamvention, so that should not be taken as a signal of anything.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
HRO is selling both radios as usual. Nothing about closeout. More than likely these dealers are no longer going to stock the radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.