whaaaaaaaat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmi8dy

state of michigan, county of shiawassee, listing for perry public schools. listed as a dmr system. frequency is listed, but no other information. no color code, no talk group, no slot info. should this enity even be listed without full discloser of all information ? without this info you cant program system.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Not sure what scanner you have. If Uniden, then you can program the frequency as conventional. If they are only operating one talk group on the system, then that will suffice. If they are operating multiple TG's then program as a one-frequency trunked DMR and run it in ID Search mode (when you identify TGID's and their functions, you can save them with an appropriate tag.

Color code is really only needed if there are multiple DMR systems receivable that use the same frequency. The color code will keep you from hearing the non-target system.

troymail

Silent Key
In principle, it imports fine for a Whistler radio - it just has all attributes other than frequency and alpha tag set to wildcard which is fine unless, as Paul stated, other users in the area are assigned the same frequency and are using DMR.

Still, I agree with kmi -- in the early days, I tried submitting something like this and it was rejected.... I'd think you'd want at least a color code as part of the submission.

nd5y

should this enity even be listed without full discloser of all information ?
Maybe whoever found it and submitted it did not have the capability to decode the color code, time slot and TGID. A lot of database entries have incomplete information.

ecps92

I've made DMR submissions based on CC and on-site monitoring, but have nothing to decode it to determine CC, SL or TG

Kind of like many of us in the early days of P25 making submissions without a NAC
That makes no sense. If they could decode it to the point the know who the user(s) are, whatever they were using would have provided at least the color code...

kmi8dy

maybe they should be put into a seperate classification. as for myself i want to enter and sit back and listen. not fooling around trying to figure this or that out, getting too old for that non sense.

mikey60

On the other hand, if frequencies like this that people may be interested in listening to are not listed in the database, most people would not know to look for it. Very few people will do FCC searches for new frequencies without something to prompt them to look.

Once people in the area know it exists, then there's usually someone in the area that will figure out what the CC is, and perhaps some of the TGID and Slot usage. Then again, it's still summer, so the system may not be being used much at this point, so that would make it difficult to get that information.

Mike

w8fsm

Feed Provider
maybe they should be put into a seperate classification. as for myself i want to enter and sit back and listen. not fooling around trying to figure this or that out, getting too old for that non sense.

Somebody has to put the effort in to figure this all out... This isn't magic.. it takes time and hard work...

RayAir

Many times there isn't much voice traffic. You'll just get the repeater beacon which gives the color code. Other times some of them just give LRRP data. Another complicating factor- Sometimes the frequency isnt licensed to the end user but instead to a local radio shop that charges a fee to use their frequency or systems.

I have several logged where I know the scope of the communications , but can't narrow it down to a specific business. They are licensed to an air time provider. I've probably at least 100 logs like that.

Many times it takes lots of time to ID and it isn't a career.

kmi8dy

nd5y, don't know how old you are but when you get past 70 and your eye sight is going, going. almost gone, you might change your mind slightly. after sitting with my face about 2 inches from the computer screen for 30 to 60 minites it gets very painful. RR used to be a nice place to go and get answers to your questions or queries, even if they were stupid or simple to figure out. but over the past couple of years their seems to be alot of folks, i think now days they call them trolls. are just standing by ready to jump all over someone or ridicule someone because of a question they asked. they must have such a sorryfull life for them. to act that way. got a hunch they were bullies in grade school, middle school, and in high school.

nsrailfan6130

nd5y, don't know how old you are but when you get past 70 and your eye sight is going, going. almost gone, you might change your mind slightly. after sitting with my face about 2 inches from the computer screen for 30 to 60 minites it gets very painful. RR used to be a nice place to go and get answers to your questions or queries, even if they were stupid or simple to figure out. but over the past couple of years their seems to be alot of folks, i think now days they call them trolls. are just standing by ready to jump all over someone or ridicule someone because of a question they asked. they must have such a sorryfull life for them. to act that way. got a hunch they were bullies in grade school, middle school, and in high school.

I'm going to correct something you said, Not everyone is going to jump on someone for asking a question. It depends on how it's asked and how many times the same question is asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.