TG 64958?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I heard (saw) them too using ab436HP so it's not anything wrong with your scanner. I think they all were encrypted if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ecarvalho

Ok - was looking for anything new but mostly finding encrypted ones. The talkgroup number is way off the usual so I thought it was a software glitch

freqhopping

Today I've heard 5A dispatch on 65246 and right now 65304 with one of the FD ops channels, maybe 5B. But I just got Pro96Com running and saw it active, no indication of a patch or any radio affiliations. But I am seeing adjacent sites which is something new.
SysID 4EC 853.600 (Prince William)
SysID 3BF 856.8375 (Alexandria)
SysID 3C9 856.2625 (Fairfax)

So they're networked somehow.

And for some unknown reason Pro96Com doesn't seem to be getting a signal from my Uniden 396T or 396XT. Having to use my Pro106.

Decoding Fairfax system some and finally seeing adjacent sites of 4EC, 3BF, 1CA Arlington and 373 Loudoun.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I ordered some parts so I can run Unitrunker and receive on a separate scanner using my yagi.

I think we're on to something. I guess it's a smart idea to have other sites for roaming. I wonder if this is for some event coming up or permanent? Awful lot of work for temporary.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Today I've heard 5A dispatch on 65246 and right now 65304 with one of the FD ops channels, maybe 5B. But I just got Pro96Com running and saw it active, no indication of a patch or any radio affiliations. But I am seeing adjacent sites which is something new.
SysID 4EC 853.600 (Prince William)
SysID 3BF 856.8375 (Alexandria)
SysID 3C9 856.2625 (Fairfax)

So they're networked somehow.

And for some unknown reason Pro96Com doesn't seem to be getting a signal from my Uniden 396T or 396XT. Having to use my Pro106.

Decoding Fairfax system some and finally seeing adjacent sites of 4EC, 3BF, 1CA Arlington and 373 Loudoun.
Have you seen anything other than FD and EMS?

freqhopping

Have you seen anything other than FD and EMS?

Not yet. I'm pretty sure I've heard PW Co on the Fairfax system though. I know I heard them testing some channels on the old system a few years back. Converted to the new system the channels should be
PW PD Admin 1439
PW PD East 1 1441
PW PD West 1 1443
PW PD East 2 1445
PW PD West 2 1447

freqhopping

I think what we're seeing is NCRnet. Only now being fully realized as phase II systems come online.
https://www.loudoun.gov/index.aspx?NID=3556

XI.01.3. Interoperability
Northern Virginia is made up of the cities of the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church,
Manassas, Manassas Park; and the counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William;
This area is a part of the Baltimore Washington Metro area, the 4th largest metro area in the US
with a population of approximately 2,000,000 people. Northern Virginia also comprises Region 7
of the Regional Preparedness Advisory Committees.

Jurisdictions associated with the Council on Government (COG) have interconnected their
networks which was accomplished via the National Capital Region Network –NCRNet. Loudoun
County established fiber connectivity to the NCRNet. To enhance the reliability, availability and
fault-tolerance of the NCRNet, DIT will look to add a second NCRNet point of presence at a
separate facility on the County network.

NCRnet: How the National Capital Region Built a 21st Century Regional Public Safety Communications Network | ctc technology & energy

Status
Not open for further replies.