need pic of 436hp cable please

Status
Not open for further replies.

geraldw3210

Hi everyone I need too update my radio but during my last move i packed all my cables away so now ill need to go too storage dig thru everything to locate my cable. Can someone post a pic of the cable so i can grab the right one. i have a boatload of cables and dont want too bring then all back here just too find the one i need.

thanks for the help i much appreciate it.

DJ11DLN

USB A to mini-B. They aren't rare. If by chance you have a Garmin GPS it may very well use the same cable. Some X-Box controllers as well.

geraldw3210

hi there HMMMM ive tried a couple of cables i have here , they work too charge the radio but i cant find the radio in sentinel to update it???

ive tried toodownload from radio, update firmware. clear user data. but no radio shows up??? and yes ive checked the little box too show all devices and rescaned but nothing??

marksmith

hi there HMMMM ive tried a couple of cables i have here , they work too charge the radio but i cant find the radio in sentinel to update it???

ive tried toodownload from radio, update firmware. clear user data. but no radio shows up??? and yes ive checked the little box too show all devices and rescaned but nothing??
The problem then is the driver, not the cable. If you are using win10, it probably did an automatic update and blew your device driver away.

If you still have a folder containing the driver, I would delete the one win10 has applied, then reinstall by directing it to the correct folder.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Not all standard to mini plugs will work. Some are for power only. They frequently come with non-data devices (regular battery chargers, e-cigs, etc.) To the best of my knowledge, you can't easily tall the difference without out using them. Over time, I've managed to mark mine.

phask

Premium Subscriber
For the billonth time you do need a driver for a 436/536, in mass storage mode. All it is doing is using it as a mass storge device same as a USB stick or other.

Serial usage requires the driver.

What does iy say when connected in device driver? If nada, you have some other PC or cable issue.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
For the billonth time you do need a driver for a 436/536, in mass storage mode. All it is doing is using it as a mass storge device same as a USB stick or other.

I've told you a million times, "Don't exaggerate!"

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Other possible problems:

If you don't select "Mass Storage" from the menu that pops up when you plug the USB cord in, the SD card in the scanner will not show up as a drive.

And there are USB cables that connect power, but not data. Cheap cables that come with a charger are more likely to fall into this category. But most USB mini cables have the data and power lines connected.

geraldw3210

The problem then is the driver, not the cable. If you are using win10, it probably did an automatic update and blew your device driver away.

If you still have a folder containing the driver, I would delete the one win10 has applied, then reinstall by directing it to the correct folder.

Hell no windows 7 and this is only too run radio software my main systems use Linux.

geraldw3210

Other possible problems:

If you don't select "Mass Storage" from the menu that pops up when you plug the USB cord in, the SD card in the scanner will not show up as a drive.

And there are USB cables that connect power, but not data. Cheap cables that come with a charger are more likely to fall into this category. But most USB mini cables have the data and power lines connected.

YES i selected MASS Storage i know too do that screen lights up and says mass storage. so thats ok

JamesO

If you do not need to update the radio's firmware, pull the Micro SD card and put it in a SD adapter and just connect it to the computer to update the Database and play with the scanner settings via Sentinel. No cable needed for this.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I'll ask again

What does it say when connected in device driver? If nada, you have some other PC or cable issue.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you do not need to update the radio's firmware, pull the Micro SD card and put it in a SD adapter and just connect it to the computer to update the Database and play with the scanner settings via Sentinel. No cable needed for this.

You can update the scanner firmware by pulling the card from the scanner and putting it in a card reader, once the scanner has marked the card with its serial number. This happens whenever a a card is in the scanner during bootup. At that point, Sentinel can't tell the difference between the card being mounted in the scanner or in a card reader directly connected to the computer.

marksmith

You can also do it (or even go backwards in firmware) by copying firmware file to card, and radio will install it once booted.

There is a specific folder to put it in. Forget which.

JamesO

You can update the scanner firmware by pulling the card from the scanner and putting it in a card reader, once the scanner has marked the card with its serial number. This happens whenever a a card is in the scanner during bootup. At that point, Sentinel can't tell the difference between the card being mounted in the scanner or in a card reader directly connected to the computer.

Forgot about all the test firmware that I installed directly to the Micro SD card!!

Status
Not open for further replies.