Utility Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowerrollin

Feed Provider
Someone asked me to add a public utility frequency into one of my feeds. Its the local power company, who uses the radios to communicate in the field, usually when power services go down. I've looked for the simple "yes you can" or "no, that's violating TOS." What say an admin.... is it ok? Near as I can tell its ok, but I would feel better I got an official response. Thanks

richtidd

Database Admin
Someone asked me to add a public utility frequency into one of my feeds. Its the local power company, who uses the radios to communicate in the field, usually when power services go down. I've looked for the simple "yes you can" or "no, that's violating TOS." What say an admin.... is it ok? Near as I can tell its ok, but I would feel better I got an official response. Thanks

Local power Co. would be a business.

We do not allow private business to be broadcast:
Feed providers agree to not broadcast private businesses (Taxis, Buses, Towing, Security, Rental etc)

We have always denied such feeds.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Local power Co. would be a business.

I'm curious. In the database, we tag power companies as Utilities not Business. I'm surprised that Broadcastify would treat them differently.

Seems to me that power companies would provide some interesting listening in times of bad weather.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
So Los Angeles Department of Water and Power must be private business...

LADWP was established in 1902 to deliver water to the City of Los Angeles. Electric distribution began in 1916.
A five-member Board of Water and Power Commissioners establishes policy for LADWP. The Board members, as well as the General Manager, are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council. Board members are appointed for five-year terms.
https://www.ladwp.com

Status
Not open for further replies.