Tishomingo County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KU4WW

Premium Subscriber
I see Tishomingo County ID (57904), but I hear nothing from them. I was just wondering if someone could tell me why? I see and hear Alcorn County, MDOT, MHP and others. I'm using a BCD996T. Thanks.

bee

I think I remember you.

If you can pick up alcorn county, you should be able to pick up Tishomingo county.
Are you from Cherokee or allsboro? If you are from allsboro there should be not problem picking up Tishomingo county.

If you are from Cherokee it might be out of range. But, if you can pick up Alcorn County in Cherokee ,you should be able to pick up, Tishomingo county.

Check to see if you have Tishomingo County, Avoided or locked out!

KU4WW

Premium Subscriber
Thanks bee. I live in Cherokee, but used to live in Allsboro. Yes, I'm getting lots of activity through Woodall Mt repeater from other agencies. Do you hear Tishomingo County talk? With enhanced WX conditions I receive Dennis and Farmington repeaters, but not very often. I don't have Tishomingo County locked out or anything. Hmmm....it's a puzzle.

bee

Yes, I hear all of Tishomingo County, Itawamba County, Prentiss County, and Mississippi Highway Patrol in this area.
I am using the ,Home Patrol 2, and a Uniden BCD436.

If I am in a good location I can hear Colbert, and Franklin County.

The Home Patrol is my favorite. It is with a GPS, and as you travel any where in the USA or Canada it programs itself

KU4WW

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I'm going to put the scanner in my car and ride over to Tishomingo County and see if I can receive stuff. I think I'll get up early tomorrow or Monday and do that. I'll give you a report afterwards. Thanks again.

Jeff

bee

Jeff, Mississippi is using MSWIN (Mississippi Wireless intergrated Network), Phase 2.

The BCD 996T cannot receive MSWIN phase 2. It can receive MSWIN phase 1, which is what you are hearing.

What you are hearing from Alcorn county, must not be the Sheriff. Mississippi Highway Patrol is Phase 1 which is what you are hearing.

Any agency using MSWIN Phase 2 you will not hear.

KU4WW

Premium Subscriber
I'm receiving Alcorn Co. 50000, 50006, etc., Prentiss Co. 55943, MDOT 13200, MHP 14041 and MS Forestry 23621 pretty often. I see 57904 ID, but not voice. Thanks for the info.

KU4WW

Premium Subscriber
Thanks bee and MississippiPI for the info. I guess it's time to upgrade to a new scanner. Have a great Labor Day!

God Bless
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.