windows 10 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gambill1

Can someone tell me were the link is or the article about the drivers for windows 10 for the scanners to down load. I have a new computer on the way and it is windows 10. Hated to have to get a new computer, but it's 8 years old and running vista which I don't care to much for.

Thanks in advance.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
You'll probably find that Win 10 has the drivers you need already built in. Last December, I migrated from a Win 8.1 to a Win 10 computer, and had no trouble connecting and programming any of five scanners. The roadblock to a successful connection is not so much the scanner, as it is the cable. Be aware that certain chipsets internal to the cables may not work with Win 10. I ran up against a similar problem when I upgraded from Vista to 8.1 on my old computer. Your only recourse, if that happens, is a new Win 10-compatible cable for your scanner. Before getting too excited, try making the necessary connections to see if you have two-way communication with your scanner(s).

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Sometimes the driver you need is driven by the scanner - the 325P2 and 996P2 are examples. Which scanner(s) are you using with your new PC? Mike

gambill1

uniden home patrol 1 and a radio shack pro 668 and a couple of gre's

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
For HP-1, for database and firmware updates no special driver is needed. It uses mass storage mode (included on every O/S version).

For serial connectivity you would need the drivers on this page: WebHome < HomePatrol < TWiki (Windows 8 and later link). But, most people don't use serial mode.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Just in case you didn't figure out the issue, or for someone else who may encounter a similar issue. I have a BC796D that I recently connected to a PC running Windows 10 and no serial to USB drivers would work, not even the prolific ones.

If you go to device manager, right-click on the port with the exclamation mark, click update driver>browse my computer for driver software>let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer>un-check show compatible hardware>click on Microsoft on the left pane>click on USB Serial Device, wait while it installs then restart your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.