Anybody with a TRX near Pleasant View?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theTastyCat

Hey all - been having tough issues receiving the Cheatham NXDN system. Been working with Whistler tech support for months and they finally said there is nothing more than can do. About half of calls are missed and the calls that are caught usually have the first two seconds chopped off; then it's very common for the call to drop and perhaps come back in later. As this is the whole reason I bought a scanner, this is really discouraging. Confirmed everything against DSD+.

If anybody has either a TRX-1 or TRX-2 and is near Pleasant View, I would be deeply grateful if you'd mind listening in to the Cheatham County NXDN traffic:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8220

I'm closest to the Pleasant View tower and everything's fine on DSD+ from my PC inside but the TRX-2 in the truck (mobile obviously) is absolutely unserviceable no matter how close I am to the Pleasant View tower. If another TRX can hear it fine, then it's officially my radio. I usually (try to) listen to Cheatham SO, Cheatham EMS, and Pleasant View Fire. Same issue regardless of TG.

One more question is that all transmissions seem to drop off at about the ten mile mark - is that common for NXDN? At that point (on 41a heading into Nashville) I'm *barely* out of the county but not a peep; perhaps this also is indicative of issues?

I'd be grateful for any signal reports at all!

Many thanks, all.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Not in that part of state, but interested in TRX. Are you using an external mag mount type antenna or the stock one?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

theTastyCat

I'm using a Wilson Tri-band permanently mounted. So - there really shouldn't be any issues from that :/ I think we have a few people in the area with TRXs - hoping maybe they can listen for a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.