What scanner????

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrh270

I love living up here in old-school analog conventional territory.

But...

If I wanted to upgrade to a machine that would work on ALL of the following:

EDACS (Nevada HP)
Motorola Type II (SNACC)
Motorola Type II Digital (Maricopa SO)
Regional Wireless Cooperative
AZ WINS

What would the group suggest?

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
I would suggest a scanner that receives not only analog, but P25 Phase 1 and 2 as well. I enjoy the Uniden BCD996P2 as a base/mobile unit and the Uniden BCD325P2 as a handheld radio. I have two of each of these models and can program them any way I want.

Blackswan73

If you want to hear EDACS Provoice, you really only have two options, either a Uniden 436 handheld, or a Uniden 536 base/mobile.

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
The EDACS system that NHP uses is a non-Pro Voice system. That system will likely transition to a P25 Phase 2 system sometime during the next few years. The SNACC system is a P25 Phase 1 system. The LVMPD is a Phase 2 P25 system.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If you want to hear EDACS Provoice, you really only have two options, either a Uniden 436 handheld, or a Uniden 536 base/mobile.
Note that the "ProVoice" upgrade (which the OP does not appear to need at this time) is also available on the 325P2 and 996P2, in addition to the 436/536HP models.

KB7MIB

Maricopa County is in the process of rolling out a new P25 system, that will probably be Phase II. It will probably be a little while before it goes live, though.
Both the RWC and TOPAZ RWC systems are P25 Phase I, but there has been mention that they could go Phase II in the near future.

Any of the newer Uniden or Whistler digital scanners should be acceptable to use on all of these systems.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.