Gallatin County 800 Mhz Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidfg4

Early in August the Bozeman police frequency of 154.725 went quiet, so I had to do some investigating.

I found the following info:
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=3907774
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...cle_2e4c2606-4774-5995-a095-62b45b9a3276.html
Bozeman upgrades emergency radio communications | County | bozemandailychronicle.com
https://www.bozeman.net/Home/Components/News/News/1264/516

Starting August 9th Bozeman along with Gallatin County are testing an 800 Mhz P25 trunked system for one month. I was able to tune in with my SDR and the software sdrtrunk by tuning to the control channel of 851.05 Mhz. It was not encrypted. Based on my last link above this is just a one month trial, so we will have to wait and see if the system continues in this exact form, but I would expect it to.

akuter

Premium Subscriber
Thanks David for the update. I hope they keep the new comms it sounds great. With 3 digital radios here I wish I could stream it. Just don't want them to ENC soon.
The TG are the same as on the Montana State Wide.
5127 is Bozeman F
5 other TG logged, but yes 5059 is a ENC TG.

Last edited:

akuter

Premium Subscriber
155.58 is simplex/conventional for the system in the Bozeman area. The RR stream for the county is great too + the F -tacs are there also.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Thanks for the updates. I have been working on getting a scanner or radio for my brother in law up there.

curtisdevault

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had any luck scanning this system? I just picked up a P25 capable scanner...figured it was time and I have been wanting to play with remote control/streaming for when I'm at work. Thanks for the license information, I am new to the trunking world so I'm a bit lost in actually getting this to scan. Any pointers?

curtisdevault

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had any luck scanning this system? I just picked up a P25 capable scanner...figured it was time and I have been wanting to play with remote control/streaming for when I'm at work. Thanks for the license information, I am new to the trunking world so I'm a bit lost in actually getting this to scan. Any pointers?

Replying to my thread for information sharing purposes. FreeScan would not program this system. As soon as I switched to ProScan, entered the frequencies, and selected P25 Standard Trunk it worked perfectly.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Early in August the Bozeman police frequency of 154.725 went quiet, so I had to do some investigating.

I found the following info:
ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WQZC596 - GALLATIN COUNTY 911
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...cle_2e4c2606-4774-5995-a095-62b45b9a3276.html
Bozeman upgrades emergency radio communications | County | bozemandailychronicle.com
https://www.bozeman.net/Home/Components/News/News/1264/516

Starting August 9th Bozeman along with Gallatin County are testing an 800 Mhz P25 trunked system for one month. I was able to tune in with my SDR and the software sdrtrunk by tuning to the control channel of 851.05 Mhz. It was not encrypted. Based on my last link above this is just a one month trial, so we will have to wait and see if the system continues in this exact form, but I would expect it to.

Were you guys able to decode the system ID and WACN for this new site/system?

curtisdevault

Premium Subscriber
I have not, however I'd hazard to guess that they are the same as the statewide VHF P25 system. I have heard GCSO deputies talk to City of Bozeman officers on this system...so at least there's interoperability between VHF and 800. Not sure if that automatically means that these ID's are the same.

akuter

Premium Subscriber
Agreed, I want to submit something to the database, but so many unknows. I've heard MHP on here too. Very happy there is finally interop. in this system.
Mostly running ProScan for recording & logging. Unsure how to decode it.

curtisdevault

Premium Subscriber
I have been wanting to submit something to the database too, but I'm with you there too. I also think they're doping something in connecting the analog and digital. If I'm listening to conventional Law North/West (154.99500) I something hear digital sounding audio and the deputy refers it as D1 instead of North or West. The more I list the more I wonder how it's all working haha.

I too have ProScan running for logging/recording, but I also use the Remote Scanner Over IP so I can listen to my scanner at work, or wherever. Have you been the one maintaining the wiki for the most part? Maybe for now, until we get some some of the unknowns filled, we just keep populating the wiki page.

curtisdevault

Premium Subscriber
I'm monitoring with a Uniden BCD996P2. Is it something that is shown on the display using one of the different display modes? I can't seem to find anything quickly int he manual or via Google.

curtisdevault

Premium Subscriber
Holding on the control channel, I come up with an SID of 016Eh-0127...I think this is both the system and site ID. Then pushing the function button I get a WACN of BEE00. The database for the statewide trunked system has a system ID of 16E and a WACN of BEE00. I can post pictures of the screen if we'd like, but it was too tricky since the screen kept flashing and it's a tough screen in general to take photos of.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Perfect.. that is what I needed. I will update the database later today. I spend the summer in Whitefish so I will be driving through there in a few months to help verify more on the site. More to follow....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.