WS1095: 1095 not found by PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
I have a 1095 (with 1098 control head) that suddenly isn't being found by the software. PC is running Windows 7 Pro with all latest updates. PC appears to mount it OK in USB, and the software can read the card successfully, but attempts to do CPU or DSP updates result in "scanner not found".

Any ideas?

BrianG61UK

I have a 1095 (with 1098 control head) that suddenly isn't being found by the software. PC is running Windows 7 Pro with all latest updates. PC appears to mount it OK in USB, and the software can read the card successfully, but attempts to do CPU or DSP updates result in "scanner not found".

Any ideas?

Look for the scanner's COM port in Device Manager and fix any errors you see.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Always a good idea to turn off the PC, plug in the scanner, turn on scanner, then turn on PC, to ensure you get a proper driver negotiation with the computer and scanner.

Paul

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys - I'll give those a shot.

BrianG61UK

You do not power the scanner to update it. With no power applied to scanner, hold menu button and plug in USB
That's just for emergency recovery.
Normally you just switch the scanner off and connect and then use EZ-Scan.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DJ11DLN

That's just for emergency recovery.
Normally you just switch the scanner off and connect and then use EZ-Scan.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Normally, but I've occasionally had to resort to that process to get my 1098 to communicate for FW updates. Other times it isn't necessary. Contrarily, the refurb'd 1095 I received recently updated slick as you please. I have no explanation for this but I would suggest to the OP that if all else fails, it couldn't hurt to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.