Elad Software and Wellbrook loop antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have the Elad FDM S2 radio and the Wellbrook Model ALA1530LNPro IMPERIUM Loop Antenna, Can anyone tell me how to lower the Gain in the Elad software and if there is a way to lower the gain on the Wellbrook antenna, I checked the manuals but can not find anything.
Steve

k1xd

Elad FDM S2 radio has AGC that sets the gain automatically and adjusts signal level to stay within the dynamic range the of the receiver. If you turn off the AGC, The GAIN adjustment sets the gain level. There is also a 12db attenuator option. See below:

SW2 MAIN FUNCTIONS FOR RECEIVING MODE | Elad USA inc.

I don't have any info on the Wellbrook antenna, but I believe it's fixed gain. It would be possible to use an attenuator inline.

My question would be, what is causing the situation where you need to reduce the gain?

I'm using an ELAD S2 and a Pixel Technologies RF PRO-1B Loop Antenna and only times I see an OVERLOAD indicator on ELAD is when there are close by lightning strikes and momentarily OVERLOAD indicator comes on.

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Gain

Elad FDM S2 radio has AGC that sets the gain automatically and adjusts signal level to stay within the dynamic range the of the receiver. If you turn off the AGC, The THRESHOLD adjustment sets the gain level. There is also a 12db attenuator option. See below:

SW2 MAIN FUNCTIONS FOR RECEIVING MODE | Elad USA inc.

I don't have any info on the Wellbrook antenna, but I believe it's fixed gain. It would be possible to use an attenuator inline.

My question would be, what is causing the situation where you need to reduce the gain?

I'm using an ELAD S2 and a Pixel Technologies RF PRO-1B Loop Antenna and only times I see an OVERLOAD indicator on ELAD is when there are close by lightning strikes and momentarily OVERLOAD indicator comes on.

Thanks for all the information, I thought I was having problems with my radio or my antenna but see now it's the solar conditions on all the bands that's causing me all the problems. conditions are better now at 12:43:54 utc 8:43:54 my time, I'm listening to 80 and 20 meter bands and picking up the ham operators. thanks for the info Just reading the manual now for the Elad radio,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.