996P2 Overall Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs16

Premium Subscriber
Now that is has been out for a while, what are some general thoughts and experiences with the 996P2?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I own 2. They both perform flawlessly. It's basically an updated 996xt. I use one mobile, and one at home which also feeds the internet, I wouldn't have anything else.

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
I bought one the day they hit The market, I use it for mobile use 10-12 hours a, day 5 days a week

(in my Big Rig) has larger text & Brighter back light than the 536.

It's built like a brick to, also very responsive quick key, over The 536, only down side, no record or play back capabilities

good luck

Last edited:

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Have had my 996p2 for about a year now, works pretty well. I mainly use it at my desk during the day and have my 536hp up in my room...both are great for everyday use!!

mciupa

It is great to use with Pro96.com or Unitrunker if you like to go hunting for new systems coming on-line.
Multi-color alert screen is nice. Display is easily readable.

SCPD

QRT
I had both, I prefer the XT,seemed to work better.The Phase 2 performance was just ok on the P2 I think the 436HP blows it away but only in Phase 2 reception.

ChrisABQ

I've had my 996P2 for almost a week now (w/Provoice) and it's working great. It does not experience the annoying data bursts that my 436 does. P25 is nice and clear and even receive digital channels up to 70 miles away. Great sensitivity, great radio.

gaithers1

Hello all. I am looking at this scanner and wondering how well it will scan back and forth between two P25 Phase I systems and a conventional system. Any thoughts?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
One of the best things about the 996P2 (including all the 996 series, as well as the T15X) is that they do not use any fragile memory card sockets or problematic memory cards.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Hello all. I am looking at this scanner and wondering how well it will scan back and forth between two P25 Phase I systems and a conventional system. Any thoughts?

How large a system (number of TG's)?

500 TG, UID etc. per system, and 20 system limit on 996. None on x36 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.