Passed my Tech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I passed my Tech exam at the Boxboro MA Hamfest! I'm excited to get into the hobby, this is gonna be a fun one. Just gotta wait until the call is in the database. :)

Hydrogen18

Congratulations! I'm a tech too, very close to taking my general's exam!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I will! Infact I'm pretty interested in the tech/electronics side of things. I bought a Tristar F-250 frequency counter.. and I can't find any info on it. I want to use it with my Hallicrafters S-38B as a digital display. Any idea how I go about doing that? Or am I in the wrong section?

N9RMA

Congrats!!!!!. The fun is just beginning. You can check status a number of ways. Log on to QRZ.com; no call sign needed for right now. Scroll down quite a ways and look at FCC data info. Also google AE7Q web site. He will have your info. Should take 10 to 14 days for your new call to show up. FCC no longer sends out paper license; but not to worry ; go to the FCC web site and you can print your own. Regards Bob N9RMA

Thanks Marshall, KE4ZNR, 73 and hopefully I'll hear you over IRLP one day. Whats your local node if you have IRLP? Maybe I can reach out your way someday

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Very good news, glad to hear you passed, now you can look forward to a lifelong enjoyable hobby. Best of luck.

N9RMA

Study real hard and get your general class. HF digital and SSB is the way to go.Lotsa fun. 73 Bob N9RMA

bharvey2

will do, whats the cheapest HF rig out there atm? I'm looking to go the good quality but CHEAP route lol

I'm hardly a HF rig expert but the Icom 718 and the Yaesu FT450D are decent starter rigs. I bought a used FT450D for about $500. (It was a year or two old but was in mint condition.) Used rigs seem to hold there value pretty well and are a common way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.