• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX 3200 programming software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemedic78

Hello, I can use some help real quick, does anybody out there with Kenwood experience and knowledge, know what software is needed to program any of the NX 3000 series radios? I'm looking to purchase NX 3200 VHF, and I'm trying to find software for it, I have the programming cable, because I'm selecting the 2 pin accessory Port model. In fact, I've even got the 14 pin accessory for programming cable as well for other Kenwood radios that I had, but none the less, I would much rather stick with the 2 pin accessory port model because of how easy it is, you don't have to try and line up the notches and then screw it in with the 14 pin accessory version, plus, I already have extra lapel mics from my Kenwood TK 2312 that has the same 2 pin accessory for, so therefore I don't need to spend extra money on lapel mic's because the 2312 and the 3200 2 pin accessory port is compatible with each other. All you need to do, it's just push in each little pin into the accessory Port Jack. Anyway, back to my original question, does anybody know what software the NX 3200 requires(KPG???), and how I may go by getting or purchasing it? Also, is it the same software that programs other NX series radios, like the NX 320, 220, ect...Or is there only one compatible software specifically for the NX 3000 Series alone. Thank you for your help in advance.

Chris

Last edited:

firemedic78

I apologize, my internet is very slow, and it did not load all of the threads within this forum before I submitted my thread about the NX 3000 series software, therefore I did not see that somebody already posted accessories for the 3000 Series, including the software and all of the license key add-on packages and prices, so I actually found the model of software I need, KPG-D3NK with DMR compatible programming. So I guess, I'll ask the same thing I asked in the thread about the 3000 Series, does anybody here sell the KPG-D3NK programming software? If so, please let me know how much a complete software package to be able to program the two DMR channels along with the regular analog channels. I do not need any other add-ons, I do not do Bluetooth or any of that stuff, just analog conventional programming and DMR programming, and I'm assuming with the standard programming software, that has all of your regular radio settings and features, like your priority scan settings with user-selectable priority scan and priority scan beep to alert when traffic is keyed up on the priority Channel, nuisance delete function key setting, QC II pager tone code alert, and function key settings, along with your standard frequency for transmit and for receive, as well as your standard signaling option, if I have to set up a Zone just for pager mode, or if it's like newer versions where you can keep the main fire dispatch channel on the main Zone and use a function key to set it to alert only status when I want it to be in pager only mode. One of my Kenwood radios would let me keep the fire dispatch channel in one zone and assign a function key to open it up when I want to hear everything and then mute or assign a function key for"off-duty" option to silence it at night, my other Kenwood, had no function like that, I had to actually set up a separate Zone and under signaling option, had to program it to "and" in order to make it silent as a pager, vs "or" under signaling option to keep it open to hear countywide fire dispatch, as well as the new feature of having the light on the top of the radio, being able to assign a certain color to go with a certain channel that way I am able to tell what channel is being received by just simply by looking at the light that I selected for that channel. That is one feature I'm very impressed with.....ect. I assume all of that stuff comes standard with regular programming software, but again I also need the DMR programming capability. I can pay through PayPal if need be. Basically, I just want the software because I've already got the programming cable and I want to be able to program my own radio. So if anybody on this forum sells the software for standard and DMR programming, please send me a message so we can get the transaction done. Thank you very much.

Chris

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The only legal way to get it is from a Kenwood dealer. The way they license the software will require you to purchase from an authorized dealer.

I know there is at least one guy on here that's connected to a dealer. You can also just find your local Kenwood dealer and talk to them.

The KPG-D3NK will do what you need, analog, DMR, NXDN, etc. The radio will only do analog and DMR -or- analog and NXDN. Only one digital mode in the radio at a time. It's not a licensed feature, it's included.

firemedic78

Sounds great, if you happen to know the person on this forum that is connected with Kenwood, could you please pass along my message or give me his username so I can contact him? We don't use Kenwood here, other than a couple of my personal radio's that I bought on eBay, and I also got the software for those radios through a third-party internet, so we really haven't got any Kenwood dealers in our local area. Our Motorola dealer that's not sell or deal with Kenwood products, so I'll have to go to a Kenwood website and find a dealer near me, but all of our radios are Motorola, that's why we are looking into switching to Kenwood because they're cheaper, for the Motorola DMR radio, which would be the MOTOTRBO XPR series, you're looking at around $800 to $1,100, depending if you want full keypad version or limited, and with Kenwood you looking at $470 to $900 again, with full keypad vs limited keypad. So if you know this Kenwood contact person, please let me know or shoot him my name and I'll go from there. Thank you for your reply.

AD0TY

List price for KPG-D3NK is $155. I may be missing something, but it looks like your closest dealer is somewhere in Kansas. You could contact a dealer near you on the phone and see about purchasing from them. The software exists online for dealers, so they could probably email you the file and step you through it. I'm not sure what cable you have, and I haven't programmed an NX-3000 yet, but with the 5000 series we had to buy a legit cable from Kenwood.

http://locator.kenwood.com/usa/com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.