SDR# Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
My SRD# program has recently quit working. I get the following error on screen when I try to run it with an RTL-SDR/USB device. "1 compatible devices have been found but are all busy" I'm running version 1.0.0.1333 with windows 7 Pro. I tried installing the latest version and I get the same error.

A recent windows update did mess up my USB wireless mouse and keyboard but another update has fixed that problem but the RDL-SRD device still is messed up. I can seem to find the RTL-SDR/USB device in device manager. I was going to remove it and start over. When I plug it in I do not see any new USB devices show up in the device manager.

Anyone know what can cause this problem, I'm stumped.:(

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes for no known reason the dongle driver will need to be reinstalled, not sure why that happens. I keep a shortcut for Zadig driver this way it's handy.

Also, with some computers, if you move the SDR dongle to a different USB port it may not be recognized and in that case just reinstall the driver.

Lastly, something as simple as restarting your computer will fix it.

dave3825

Also, with some computers, if you move the SDR dongle to a different USB port it may not be recognized and in that case just reinstall the driver.

Port specific software will exhibit this behavior. Just set the port in the software if it is port specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.